What's new

Porky's Special Edition Oct. 24? (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Well, why is amazon calling it a special edition then ? Will it at least have a new transfer ? If not the rerelease is totally pointless , since you can still find the current edition.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
Thanks to everyone who pointed me towards Mischief (1985).

I had a $10 credit at FYE/Coconuts and my local store had one copy tucked away.

The movie is far better than I recalled and is definite keeper.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Cool. Glad you liked it. I had a good impression of it from memory, and thoroughly enjoyed it when I bought it on DVD.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
It seems porkys revenge is finally getting a dvd release, ive cheked on canadian amazon, and its listed for next month.Its only available in a 3 pack set with the other 2 films.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Would you mind posting a link Tony. I"m on Amazon.ca right now and I can't seem to find it. They list a 3-pack consisting of the first film, "Bachelor Party" and "PCU".

But if in fact "Revenge" is coming out, I'll be ecstatic. I've held off on buying any of the films because I swore if I couldn't get the ENTIRE trilogy on DVD, I wouldn't get any at all.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Sorry i didnt see your message sooner Jean, glad you found it.I will wait to hear what people say about the 3 pack, then ill buy it.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
This is great news about the 3-pack. However, it doesn't state anywhere on the Maple site whether the films will be OAR or not. That'll obviously be the deciding factor on whether I get it or not. Hopefully they are OAR, because I'd love to finally retire my worn out VHS tapes of these films.

robGray

Auditioning
Real Name
Rob Gray
I picked up the the Porky's collection on the weekend and not only is it full screen but the picture quality is absolutly horrible!!!! It looks like the company took a fifth generation VHS copy and transferred it to DVD. There are no extras at all. Total rip off!!!! I can't believe a company would put out this bad of a product and put Special Collector's edition on the package.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
That's unfortunate. I just watched the anamorphic version recently and it does look quite rough and "digital" looking. However, this looks like the best it's going to get on DVD.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke

Thanks for the head's up. I can't believe that Maple put such little effort into this set. For weeks I've speculated about the aspect ratio since the site never mentioned it. I've wanted to own these three films on DVD for so long, and for a while I was excited that this set was coming out. Now I can't help but be extremely disappointed. I guess I'll just break down and get the Fox Double Feature of the first two films, and just continue to hope that the third will see the light of day on DVD in its proper aspect ratio.

What a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks