1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Porcupine Tree in Concert

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Geelan, Jun 29, 2001.

1. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

I was lucky to be able to see the great British prog-rock band Porcupine Tree at NY's Bottom Line club this past week.
    One of the most under-rated bands in the world (even Tower Records doesn't have a section for them) even though they've been around since the early 90's and have a couple of studio albums as well as a live album.
    Playing many selections from Lightbulb Sun, Stupid Dream and Signify the band rocked the house. With over 400 die-hard fans in attendance we were thrilled to some great guitar work as well as some of the best drumming I have heard in years.
    Radiohead may get the critics vote and Depeche Mode may have sold-out the Garden but in this small club I got to see one of the most inventive British rock acts around.
    So far its our little secret.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

Sounds awesome, they are a great band. I was able to see Marillion back in 92 in a store visit. I have it on videotape. It's a very cool experience to see a band you love in such an intimate setting.
    ------------------