What's new

Porcupine Tree "Deadwing" DVD-A (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
I just picked this up today. I haven't listened to it all the way through, but my initial impression is that it's a little left-heavy. The vocals, particularly, come from a little left of center throughout what I've sampled (first five tracks). Anyone else have this disc? What are your impressions? Did you notice this on your system? Great album, but left-heaviness is a little distracting. I keep wondering if my speakers are set up properly... :confused:

Manus

Second Unit
No left -heaviness on my system Robert. Maybe a little re-calibration with an spl meter wouldn't go amiss ? Between this great album and the prospect of a live Floyd performance upcoming we should all probably recheck ;) Its looking like a pretty good year IMO

M

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Yeah...I set up my system using Denon's auto setup. Not as precise as an spl, but I had a friend listen to it, and he said the voices were anchored directly in the center. I'm thinking that perhaps I'm slightly more hearing impaired in my right ear than my left. lol. Gotta get that checked out.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
It sounds damned good to me!

I usually listen to high-res in stereo (haven't set up my uni-player for 5.1) and was surprised to find that there was no high-res stereo mix only PCM stereo...what gives?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks