What's new

Popular - Season 1, Felicity - Season 3, Boy Meets World - Season 1 (2004) (1 Viewer)

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
tvshowsondvd.com is reporting that these will be making their way to DVD in June/July 2004. Anyone else completely excited by this news. :)

I always thought Popular would never make it to DVD (such low ratings) but I guess they saw it had a chance. I hope some kind of explanation is included with the Popular set about he cancellation (there was a very nice article written by the show's creator about what would have happened had it not been cancelled -- it appeared online a while ago.)

A little annoyed that Felicity is going to take a full year for the next season, but I'm glad to have it at all.

Gavin_L

Second Unit
wow very exciting news, will totally be buying boy meets world..... and also felicity season three

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Where the heck is Once & Again season 2? The first season streeted with Felicity season 1.

StephanieC

Stunt Coordinator
Popular! Wooo! I've been wanting this on DVD like crazy! I love you so much for posting this news, yay. Just too bad that show ended on such a crazy cliffhanger...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jeff....I think deep down inside you know why there hasn't been any O&A announcement...probably poor sales of season 1.

Gord

Pete Lee

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to know whether "Popular" will include the original music. The show used LOTS of songs and I wonder whether they were able or willing to shell out the cash to get clearance or if they will go the "Felicity" route and replace the music. Knowing that Buena Vista is also the studio releasing the altered "Felicity" DVDs, I'm not hopeful.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
And sadly, it was on right before they were getting worked into DVD contracts.

I'm betting the music will be replaced in a lot of parts. However, I don't recall it using much "pop" music, and more generic (kind of like what Buffy did). Am I wrong?

Also, I remember hearing the score more often than most shows.

As long as they can clear the opening credits song "Supermodels" by Kendall Payne, I'll be happy. :)

Pete Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Robert,

I seem to remember lots of disco or '70s songs, maybe not so many current songs. There was an unbelievably funny episode that involved mullet haircuts, John Travolta and Saturday Night Fever. I think it was season 2.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I only saw a few episodes of Popular but it was a good show .

As for Felicity, I look forward to getting them all on DVD. Havent found a place yet that's cheap enough.

Wonder if during the last season they will put stuff in they cut out in the last episode. I remember reading they had to cut out scenes that explained why Ellena was at the wedding at the end.

Now if we could just get another coming of age TV show (Wonder Years) and then I could die a happy man.

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
I've been collecting Felicity...looking forward to season 3.

I was also wondering about Once & Again, although it's been so long since season 1 came out, I figured there weren't going to be anymore DVD releases. It's a damn shame! I discovered O&A after it had been cancelled (season 1 was a blind-purchase for me) - and I've been dying to see the rest of the series. Sigh.

Speaking of buying something blind...I might do that with Popular Season 1. Heard good things about the show... Any Popular fans here care to sell me on it some more? :)

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I think it's safe to say that Once & Again is done on DVD
Well, if this is the case, then I am going to have to think about refraining from buying ANY TV series on DVD until they are released in their entirety. Why should we be buying incomplete series on DVD, especially serials?

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
It's frustrating...it's like only getting to read the first few chapters of a book. O&A's season 1 finale left me feeling like the story was really just about to begin.

But I don't regret buying season 1, even if there aren't any more releases. At least I didn't help contribute to the poor sales. It's some small comfort. I'll shut up now, since this is kinda off-topic for this thread. :)

About Felicity...Not sure if this is true, but I read on a few fan forums that season 3 and 4 will have their original music. I guess the songs were cleared ahead of time for DVD? Too bad that's not the case for season 1-2. Some of the song replacements there are pretty jarring and ruin the scene (for me).

JohnAP

Second Unit
Here is a copy of the email Buena Vista sent me in regards to my inquiry about Once & Again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear John,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding ONCE AND AGAIN. We appreciate your
interest.

We appreciate your interest in ONCE AND AGAIN. We do not have any
release information for the other seasons at this time. Please feel free
to contact us in a few months to see if we have any new information.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us. Please do not
hesitate to contact us again if you have any other questions concerning our
videos and DVD's, or if you would like to purchase one of our movies.

You may contact us by e-mail or by calling 800 723-4763 or our Canadian
toll-free number 888 877-BVHE.

Regards,

BVHE Consumer Relations
US and Canada
------------------------------------------------------------------------

looks like we may never see it, which is a shame since I never saw the second season, but fell in love when I started watching season 3, which needs to be on dvd. Good news that these other shows are making it out though.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Well, if this is the case, then I am going to have to think about refraining from buying ANY TV series on DVD until they are released in their entirety. Why should we be buying incomplete series on DVD, especially serials?
Jeff, the problem with that logic is that you'll end up killing the thing you want. If enough people felt the same way then they would never sell enough season 1 sets to continue with any series. Instead of not purchasing a show you want, you should be encouraging people to buy the set when it first comes out if they are a fan of the series.

You should read this thread:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=183199

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread