Popping with Marantz SR6200 and LenBrook

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael-T, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Michael-T

Michael-T Auditioning

Hi everyone,

I am getting the popping noise associated with this receiver. I am wondering if anyone in Canada that has this problem with their receiver got it fixed through LenBrook. Also, how long did it take? Did it fixed the popping noise including digital output to dvd,cd,etc.?
    Any help will be appreciated

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Where did you buy it? (LenBrook?) I would ask your dealer to replace it with another one, and let them worry about sending that one back to the factory. You paid for something that works, and if they are customer oriented, they won't have a problem with this.

3. Michael-T

Michael-T Auditioning

Hi John,

I managed to talk to the dealer and they were willing to get me a new unit. I hope the third time is a charm because I already returned two units. I do have to admit that I love the sound of the marantz.

4. Jose G

Jose G Supporting Actor

I am looking into Marantz right now and a dealer told me that he was getting many of the receivers returned due to QC issues. Others have told me that marantz has taken care of this issue since 2002- maybe you got older models the first two times around. I hope it works out this third round. If you don't mind, please post if all turns out well, so I can make a final decision on the Marantz. Otherwise, HK here I come...I think.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I bought my 6200 the week they hit the stores, and no issues so far. >knocks on wood< [​IMG] I am very pleased with this receiver.
    Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to tell by serial number if the unit is from the "bad" batch or the current ones. My dealer said they sent EVERY unit back, and had all new ones sent from the dealer to avoid these issues.

6. Michael-T

Michael-T Auditioning

Jose,

I'll keep you posted once I get the new receiver(5-7 days) and hopefully everything will be okay. I hope it is a 2002 model and not another 2001. Keeping my fingers cross.

7. Ferran Mazzanti

Ferran Mazzanti Stunt Coordinator

Uhm... I bought my 6200 this year, but I guess the unit was in the shelves for few months, so it must be a 2001 one.
    No popping issues, fortunately [​IMG]
    So probably there's no precise way to tell what units have been affected...

8. Michael-T

Michael-T Auditioning

Hi everyone,

I just got the third unit of the sr6200; new in a box. This one is a 2002 model since the serial number starts with MZ0302... Also this one is made in China; the first two units I had were made in Korea. Everything seems to be okay with no popping noise; I have not done the S-video sync test yet since I run all my video lines to my tv set. For some reason, this new unit sounds a bit louder to me than the other two previous units. I am quite happy now with my marantz sr6200 and hopefully no more problems with the unit (knock on wood).

9. Chris PC

Chris PC Producer

I wonder where mine was made? I think I'll go check. I bought mine right away too, just when they came out. I had S-video noise which was fixed, and I have the digital cutoffs, but no popping noises.