Popping sound from speakers, help!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by BrianEK, Jun 25, 2003.

1. BrianEK

BrianEK Stunt Coordinator

I own an Onkyo TXDS797 THX certified receiver and a whole set of Infinity Alpha series speakers. Just recently I have been noticing a popping sound coming from my right front speaker. I swiched my front speaker input on receiver and now noice comes form left speaker, so i know it is my receiver that's the problem. seems right channel connector is bad, but what confuses me is it will pop when i turn receiver on and play something from dvd or pc. but when i switch it to my ps2 input which uses my optical 1 jack it pops without my ps2 being turned on or playing any sound. it seems to make the popping sound much more. io can also unplug ps2 and popping still occurs. the other inputs don't make the sound until i start playing sound. and it also seems to go away after a little bit of playing. so could there also be something wrong with that optical input my ps2 is plugged into?

2. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

Not sure what's causing it but I would contact Onkyo right away and hopefully get a replacement. Is it still under warranty?