poping sound from subwoofer, please help

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Mike Milillo, Apr 15, 2003.

1. Mike Milillo

Mike Milillo Stunt Coordinator

Hey, I added a cambridge soundworks basscube 10S to my HT a few months ago. Occasionally, when watching television a hear a pop from the sub. It isn't very loud at all, but nonetheless, I wanted to make sure it was ok. It never happens when I watch a DD dvd, dts dvd, or a DD broadcast through my digital cable. I think it happens when I am watching the analog channels that are only in stereo. Does anybody have any experience with this, is it anything to be worried about?

2. Mike Milillo

Mike Milillo Stunt Coordinator

Does anybody have any suggestions about this topic?

3. Shawn McCann

Shawn McCann Auditioning

I have the 12S, which has two "on" settings; one setting leaves it on continuosly, and an "auto" setting in which it only turns on when it gets a signal. I've never tried this setting because the reviews I read said that there was a popping sound every time it turned itself on.

I don't know if the 10S has this same "feature", but if it does I'd suggest setting it to stay on all the time.

Hope this helps.

4. John Hagan

John Hagan Auditioning

I have the CSW 10S and the popping sound that you are refering to happens when the power switch is set to "auto". You will hear it when ever the unit powers on. It is annoying but harmless. The way around it is to mannually turn the sub on & off.