What's new

Popeye the Sailor Volumes 2 & 3 according to Amazon, but take with grain of salt on the release date (1 Viewer)

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
Just spotted this on the Facebook page of TVShowsonDVD.com as it looks as if we're going to get the remainder of the Popeye Shorts Volumes 2 & 3 next month but as mentioned, take the release dates with a grain of salt but hoping all of this will get adjusted to reflect the right release dates and timeframes as we can start to slowly complete this series, but it seems sales were good enough on Volume 1 to warrant these next two releases, which is great and fine by me...

Amazon does have their release dates mixed up here as well along with the yars they're posting as i'm thinking they meant 1944-1946 or something to that accord as 1941-1943 has been released already but this can create some mass confusion to boot..

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07LD8RHPV/tvshowsondvd0d-20

COMING ON 1/18/2019(?):According to their post on Facebook: (Release date is a Friday and that is when new CDs come out, not DVDs, as those are designated for Tuesdays and it seems like their timeframes listed are incorrect too)

* Popeye The Sailor - 1938-1940, Vol. 2 (Warner Archives)
DVD MOD
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07LD8RHPV/tvshowsondvd0d-20
NOTE: this release date of January 18th, taken from Amazon, may be incorrect: it is a Friday, and Warner Archive Collection titles usually become available on Tuesdays. Making the day of Friday 1/18 even more suspicious, Amazon also has a separate DVD MOD listing from the Warner Archives for "Popeye The Sailor - 1941-1943, Vol. 3" (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07LD4STNR/tvshowsondvd0d-20 ), showing a release date of TEN DAYS EARLIER (Tuesday, January 8th).

Meanwhile, Warner themselves is not listing these titles on their WBshop online studio store, nor is Warner's MOD distributor to other online sellers (Allied Vaughn) showing either of these titles yet. So please take Amazon's listings of these two items with a grain of salt, at least for now!

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07LD4STNR/tvshowsondvd0d-20

The release dates might also be in reverse as it mentions V3 coming out a week before V2, so not sure what's happening here but hoping they eventually get released and no cover art as of yet on these two releases but if I come across it, I'll be sure to post it here for y'all.

Last edited:

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
UPDATE: This is in regards to the 1940s timeframe set, i believe it to be, but not exactly certain. We'll just have to wait for official cover arts to come out to reflect this better

Last edited:

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
As far as I read it, they are just re-releasing the older dvds which are out of print. I don't think this is a continuation of the 40s shorts on blu ray. The recent release seemed to be positively received, so I would think more is on the way.

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I just finished watching the set, and it is a delightful experience. I’d say it has been about 55 years since I have seen these and never before of course in colour. I must have been glued to “The Captain Jolly” show when I lived in the Windsor/Detroit area as a child, since I remembered absolutely every detail including Olive’s “samba” song!

rmw650

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard W
As far as I read it, they are just re-releasing the older dvds which are out of print. I don't think this is a continuation of the 40s shorts on blu ray. The recent release seemed to be positively received, so I would think more is on the way.

Ethan, it just got a little confusing as to what was being stated on the links from the site, so hence why i stated to take everything said in that release with a grain of salt until all of this can get sorted out but it does sound optimistic that the second and third volumes might be getting released for the 1940s timeline real soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks