Popcorn containers...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Ed O'Neill, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill Second Unit

Ok I am almost ready for opening night. The only thing left is the new cables. So I am looking for some newer opening night kits.

Like these but newer movies ......

http://www.htexpress.com/catalog/cat...13B6E28C77B7A.

I am especially looking for Nemo that is probably going to be the first movie in the finished room.

Thanks in advance
    Ed

2. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

3. Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill Second Unit

Well Glenise,

After looking at the mylar boxes that David Broome made with the rope lights. I may make one this weekend.So thanks for the direct links

Unfortunately this is not what I really was talking about, but thanks to your list of websites I found the link in my original post.

Still looking for cups and bags for newer movies.

Thanks in advance
    Ed

4. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

5. Chip_Slattery

Chip_Slattery Stunt Coordinator

Ed,

Not sure if these folks will sell to you but it looks like they have exactly what you're after:

PMG Global

6. Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill Second Unit

Thanks Glenise & Chip,

Chip I'm a little upset at you though...

I can't understand why you didn't drive over here and show me that website in person. I mean really would driving to Metheun really kill ya......LOL

Hey what's up neighbor. We should get together sometime.

Thanks again
    Ed O'Neill
    Methuen, MA

7. Chip_Slattery

Ed,

If I'd known you were that close I would have asked where my invitation was to opening night!

You're obviously a lot further along than I am (see HT construction link below) but you're welcome to come by and give me some tips! PM or email if you're interested.

8. MikeWh

MikeWh Second Unit

Ed-- If you have a Party City nearby, you might want to check that out (or a similar party or paper supply store). They have a bunch of themed birthday party stuff... Toys R Us has that kind of stuff, too. Here's what you'll find for birthday supplies:
    http://stores.birthdaysandangels.com...ing+Nemo+Party
    or
    http://www.birthdayexpress.com/bexpr...asp?sku=E25401

PMG looks like a potential goldmine of good stuff, but I wonder if they'll do retail. Looks like they must be the people HTExpress gets their stuff from. Their site says they can do orders of any size.... hmmmm... I wonder.

If anyone finds out if they'll do retail, please post a note!

9. Ed O'Neill

Ed O'Neill Second Unit

Chip,
    Do you really want to come over for opening night with the kids. I mean if it was going to be selfish I would have picked a movie with a little more action. I just thought it would be cool to get our six yr old son (and a few friends/cousins)involved and make it a special night. Especially seeing as this construction has reecked havoc on all of us. Besides I'm not sure you'll fit in here my theater is a converted bedroom approximately 13x13.Only seating for 6. Someday soon I'd would definetly like to get together.

MikeWH,
    You probably have the best idea and it would definetly be cheaper. To answer your question about party stores..yes we have them ...boy do we have them. If I drive 3 miles north I would pass 3 yes... I said 3 and all on the same road just a few blocks from each other!

So thanks for the GREAT CHEAP IDEA!!!

Talk to you guys soon
    Ed

10. Chip_Slattery