What's new

"POP" when switching signals with HK 520. Anyone Else? (1 Viewer)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
As many of you know, I decided to keep the Outlaw 950 for my own HT use and give the HK 520 to my parents for their HT use. The only thing that still annoys me is the small "pop" that occurs from my sub whenever I lose a digital signal. Is there anyone else out there that has this same thing happen with their unit? Could it have only been because of the optical digital link coming from my DVD player? Any info/help would be appreciated. Thanks

kevitra

Second Unit
My Denon 3802 was doing that. When it would acquire a digital signal it would pop. I returned it and the new one did not have the problem.

Be sure to try reconnecting the cabling to be sure it is seated correctly.

Good luck.

DeT

Agent
I have experience some "pop" when my directv receiver w/ optical out connect to my 3802 loosing signal. I later found out that it was because of the cable running from the dish to the receiver was a little too tight. Take it out, tighten it by hand instead of a wrench solve it.

Bob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
I have the 210 and notice the problem on the dish network pvr when hooked with the optical cable. I can see when I switch channels that it loses the signal and I'll get a small pop. It isn't very loud and I don't even notice any more. It never loses the signal on the dvd player or my cd player. I have found several other people that have the problem with other receivers also.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks