What's new

Poor LFE and Bass Management.....Plssssss Help (1 Viewer)

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Even though I'm a "tweaker" I fully support the idea of setting things to reference and living with it for a while. That's what I did. Only afterwords did I make a few changes to the settings that were more pleasing to my ears. The thing I like about the Pioneer Elite 94txh (and other Elites, I'm sure) is that not only does it show you the EQ settings it came up with but it also allows you to store 6 MCACC settings in memory. I use one for movies (which is pretty much un-changed from MCACC except for the sub woofer), one for two channel stereo, one for Multi channel music, one for late night listening, etc. Took a while to complete all these things but now I'm ready for anything at any time.

But give a Reference calibrated setup a chance. It will be different from the car stereo sound but it may surprise you. You can tweak it a bit later if you need to .

BraveHeart123

Second Unit
Real Name
Faisal
@Jason

u got me completely wrong or may be I portrayed myself as a die-hard car audio fanatic. I know it's a different ball game all together when it comes to home cinema. There is no comparison whatsoever between car audio and home cinema. It's like comparing apples with peaches.

The beauty of home cinema is that it is very unpredictable and deceptive. It's like a crocodile basking dead still in the sun for hours and suddenly it attacks its prey with lightning fast speed taking the prey completely by surprise. Just like watching a horror movie scene on home cinema with just the center channel oozing out vocals and suddenly the mains, surround, and sub come alive with heavy background music, ambient sounds, and LFE respectively in perfect sync. I'm only after that kinda effect.

@Maggi

Rumbling bass YES, but where required. I hate the booming bass. The idea is to let the sub dissipate LFE and bass so it can not be localized. In car audio, u can localize the bass whereas it is exactly opposite in HT.

@Gene

Yes I agree with u. Reference level is the best way to start if u are doing it manually. I did the same way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks