What's new

Poor formatting on Ron's posts (1 Viewer)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
See attached pic. I've noticed Ron's posts are sometimes hard to read due to borked formatting. This is on my iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 69

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I believe this is a combination of Ron using manual line returns when he types and the narrower format in portrait view. What does it look like when you turn it to landscape?Edit: I imagine it looks the same in landscape. Switch to the mobile view, which wipes out the sidebar ads, and you'll see how it should look.

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
What solved that for me was changing the theme to the basic one, that lets the topics go side to side without having to do the mobile version.

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
Ron has a MAC and I have a microsoft PC. For text files, there is an option "Format Word Wrap on or off. With is "on" and I move the text to a reply - I get the same sort of things like Ron's post- IF I turn the word wrap OFF and move the text for a reply - it looks ok.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ron manually line breaks his text to a custom length(has been forever) for inexplicable reason known only to him :)Problem is, for me, the site design on the iPad doesn't support his custom formatting and its difficult to read.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Cameron Yee said:
I believe this is a combination of Ron using manual line returns when he types and the narrower format in portrait view. What does it look like when you turn it to landscape?Edit: I imagine it looks the same in landscape. Switch to the mobile view, which wipes out the sidebar ads, and you'll see how it should look.
No difference in landscape mode. It's exactly the same proportions, but zoomed in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks