Poor College Students Needs Help and Advice

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Gdwn, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Michael Gdwn

Michael Gdwn Agent

So here is the deal. I currently own an SVS PCi 20-39, but it is really to expensive for me to keep. I still have the whole 45 day return policy thing going for me. Although for all those interested it sounds incredible.
    Anyway so I bought an Audiosource 15 off of ubid.com and it has not arrived yet, but what I am really looking for is a lot of rumble in home movies. I thought about getting a pair of Aura Bass Shakers off ebay, but then I have to drive them with something and amps are way out of my price range ($250 for 100 watts!!!). So who has some suggestions about a cheap way to make them work or to get the sensation of really being there in a movie. Im looking at $100 to power the bass shakers or less. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Maybe you think a second sub next to the couch would be good.
    Lastly, I have a fouton with no wooden parts to it, so does anyone have any suggestions on how to mount the shakers?
    Thanks
    Michael [​IMG]

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    This Amp would be perfect for powering the shakers. They also have This One which adds a little more power. Or you could use any old receiver or amp. Any of these options would be good for your needs.
    I would also suggest you work a few extra hours so you can afford to keep that SVS.

3. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Sub near the seating position I do not recommend. I tried that and the bass is actually far less than if the sub was in the corner.

Check out ebay for amps by Rotel and Kenwood. Some of the older models can go for cheap.

Bass shakers.. hmm I know people that mount them under the floor boards, maybe you just strap them on your back. JK

4. Michael Gdwn

Michael Gdwn Agent

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Just wanted to say good luck with your schooling Mike and I thought Chris' idea of strapping them to your back was damned funny [​IMG]