What's new

Poltergeist Sequels? Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I know a lot of people don't really care for them, but are there any plans for Poltergeist II and III coming out for R1 DVD?

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I WANT "Poltergeist II: The Other Side" (1986) on DVD! The late Julian Beck (as Reverend Henry Kane) made that film more terrifying than the original, IMO. He was brilliant. "Poltergeist III" (1988) on the other hand, just wasn't that good. The guy that played Kane (Nathan Davis) couldn't hold a candle to Julian Beck. Plus, Craig T. Nelson and JoBeth Williams were absent. It's really sad what happened to Heather O'Rourke. I remember reading/hearing about it back in 1988 and it's still just as sad today. Damn, she was only 12.:frowning:
I thought MGM was supposed to release "Poltergeist II: The Other Side" on DVD sometime this year, but I guess not.
"God is in His holy temple...":D

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
WB has the Poltergeist II, while MGM still has III.

I'd expect the sequels to come out when the special edition of the first Poltergiest is released.

Will K

Screenwriter
I could go for the watchable PII, but III just sucks dirty wet dog. There were a lot of bad movies in the 80's but this one really stands out in its sheer ineptness. Terrible script, unscary, and cheap f/x with too much breakfast cereal imagery(Corn flakes coming out of Tangina's face and icy cars that looked like huge frosted mini-wheats).

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I still think that one of the true creepy moments of horror in the 80's movies is still little Carol Ann sitting in the yard and it begins raining and Kane comes walking up the sidewalk singing gospel songs. Creepy...

Part 2 I would buy in a heartbeat...part 3 I would buy, but I would use it as a coaster...

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
I always thought II was a good followup. The Reverend scared the crap out of me as a kid. Creepy is the perfect word to describe that guy. I'd buy it.

Part III? Blech.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
You are all gonna die!!!

PII i thought was just as good as the orginal. Scared the heck out of me and i was a teenager when it came out.

I have never seen PIII, and from the reviews i've read about the movie, it would have to be included in a box set for me to purchase it when it did make it to DVD.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks