What's new

UHD International POLTERGEIST 4K and THE LOST BOYS 4K have both announced for release in France, September and October (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Guessing there is probably little hope that Poltergeist will finally be given a proper special edition release. Maybe they (Spielberg) can loosen up a bit now that Tobe Hooper is no longer alive

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
The Lost Boys already has been confirmed for U.S. release. I am assuming Poltergeist as well.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I love Poltergeist but I can't stand that abrupt cut which cut the pizza hut scene!
I really was hoping they would put it back in but I highly doubt it..

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Pizza Hut understandably took offense...

And that’s what always kind of mystified me, so what if they did, was Pizza Hut a partner on the movie in any way? Besides it’s only one character’s opinion. What about in Rainman when Tom Cruise said that K-Mart sucks? I mean, that actually got laughs in theaters

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
By the by, Poltergeist is apparently planned for a US UHD release on Sep 20th. With, supposedly, a Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook (though there isn't one listed at BB yet; but they're often slow in that regard). I think Zavvi announced a UK SteelBook edition as well.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am just waiting for the Amazon preorders which should be up in the next 24 hours.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I love Poltergeist. It's a great movie. Saw it in the theater about ten years back and it still plays like gangbusters.

Lost Boys is kind of trash, but it's highly entertaining trash. As much as the ending doesn't make sense, it feels perfect, kind of like the Tyrannosaurus inside the building at the end of Jurassic Park. If nothing else, there'd be no Buffy and Angel without it. It's hugely responsible for the California vampire gestalt.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
By the by, Poltergeist is apparently planned for a US UHD release on Sep 20th. With, supposedly, a Best Buy Exclusive SteelBook (though there isn't one listed at BB yet; but they're often slow in that regard). I think Zavvi announced a UK SteelBook edition as well.
Actually there are two Zavvi 4k Poltergeist disc offerings (Prices are from the US Zavvi site and do not include shipping)

1658820093789.png

1658820207284.png

1658820266040.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks