What's new

Poll: Your non-music or HT related collection(s) (1 Viewer)

RobR

Second Unit
What collection(s) do you have that are not home theater or music related?

I collect Hard Rock Cafe t-shirts from all over the world. I currently have 45 t-shirts from 33 cities and 8 countries.

Ike

Screenwriter
I timidly collect records. My most prized is a copy of White Light/White Heat first pressing, listened to, but with the shrink wrap and sticker still on. Not worth a ton, but it means a lot to me.

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I like reading, though I don't have a lot of time for it right now, so I'd say books are something I collect.

I have most of the Star Wars Lego's. They're pretty damn cool looking.

I wish I could say I collected guitars.

I play a lot of computer games, so I guess I could say I collect them.

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
"I collect spores, molds, and fungus." :laugh:
Seriously:
I collect Star Wars toys, around 1,500 SW collectibles. Also collect other toys, like movie-related toys (Movie Maniacs, Reservoir Dogs, LOTR, etc.) I love da toys!

Tommy T.

Grip
I have a lot of NY Giants (Football) & NY Yankees collectable like items

Numerous di-cast cars; especially of Corvettes, since I own a real 1979 Corvette as my play car

Also a lot of Nascar items from the 50th Anniv. year

Budweiser Holiday Beer Steins

Tom

Duane_T

Stunt Coordinator
Used to collect:

Comic books - I ended up buying too many every month and finally decided to spend it elsewhere. Good thing too, because I have a hard enough time saving up for all the HT toys I want. Now if I won the lottery, I think I'd be buying again.

Still collect:

Books, mostly fiction - I read alot and buy my books so my book collection gets bigger and bigger, although I weed out the bad books I've read every once in a while.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
I don't consider them home-theater related (since I started collecting well before the advent of home theaters), but my main collectible is movie memorabilia; specifically, movie posters, lobby cards and the like. I've also been known to collect books and magazines.

John Nielsen

Stunt Coordinator
I collect anything Ken Griffey Jr. related. Cards, Starting Linup Figures, Plates, you name it...I've probaby got a couple of em. Presently I have about 650 cards of his, and thats not including doubles.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Paperbacks, over the years I have collected well over 1500, mostly SF, Fantasy, Horror, Thriller.

I have a spare room that looks like a library.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
My collections include:

1. A HUGE Star Wars collection. Everything from toys and trading cards to soundtracks, telephones, T-shirts, posters, and the like. I also have a large collection of figures still in the package.

2. A HUGE Jurassic Park collection. I have a ton of trading cards including a full unopened box of them, toys, soundtracks, T-shirts, hats, posters, several different versions of each of the books including hardcovers, stickers, lunch boxes, socks, and even have my picture taken with the T-Rex from Universal studios.

3. A mediocre collection of Stargate including toys, posters, hats, mugs, a weird T-shirt, a couple of figures still in the package, a calendar, postcards and the like.

4. A GIGANTIC collection of Transformers including over 150 toys, old packages, books, comic books, cards, candles, carrying cases, 3 versions of the movie on DVD, the completed score, the soundtrack, T-shirts, patches, stickers, and a ton more.

5. A serial killer/Jeffery Dahmer collection including books, videos, T-shirts (it has a picture of Jeffery Dahmer with cartoonish organs floating around his head and it says "Eat Me" in case you were wondering), pictures, and the like.

6. A Clive Barker collection including books, comics, videos and DVDs.

7. A small collection of H.R. Giger calendars.

RicP

Screenwriter
I have lots of NJ Devils memorabilia including every media guide the franchise ever put out going back to the K.C. Scouts of 1974.

Also I collect Stephen King 1st Editions and rare or signed books. I have every book he's ever written in First Edition Hardcover, as well as 18 signed books (6 in person) and a collection of every Dark Tower book signed and limited. In addition I have books about King as well, some limited, some rare, some long out of print. The collection is at about 90 books or so now give or take a few.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I have a bunch of Star Wars stuff that I find at antique and second hand stores, I am also starting to collect McFarlane action figures, books, and movie posters.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Pacers stuff. I have walls of clippings, posters, tickets, banners, etc. I'm a die-hard fan.
If only Sarah would take that Pacers test then I could marry her. :) (Diner)

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
I have a fair collection of Magic Cards from the Mirage-Tempest-Urza blocks...
My main decks are:
White weenie w. Mox Diamond, Cursed Scroll and Masticore
(+ lots of white creatures)
Blue control w. Sapphire Medallion, Capsize and Peregrine Drake
(+ lots of counterspells)
Magic rules... :)

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
My favorite collection of all. The Simpsons. I currently have all of the action figures, board games, and alot of other merchandise that I love. It sure is expensive to have this and a DVD collection though. Perhaps its time to pursue another job besides washing dishes.

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
1. NASA patches...current count ???

2. Arena Football media guides (likely the largest collection of these outside the league's office)...current count: 137

3. mini-helmets: combination store-bought and custom-made, to eventually consist of all helmets from Arena Football and af2 (including older throwbacks and defunct teams), all ACC designs since the conference started, FSU opponents (when I attend the game and they win, not including aforementioned ACC), various cool fantasy helmets (designs from TV and movies (like South Park Cows), or alternate designs for existing teams (like TB Bucs pirate ship secondary logo instead of flag))...current count 72.

4. FSU football media guides...just recently started, I have 10 or so

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Anything relating to the USN Hospital Corps. I have old uniforms, textbooks, weapons, medical tools, bags, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks