Poll: Your Most Famous Friend

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Denward, Jan 17, 2002.

1. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

Who's the most famous person who would actually call you a friend?
    Mine is a little offbeat. My college roommate was Joel Benjamin. Who? He's a chess grandmaster. He was one of the players in "Searching for Bobby Fisher" when Ben Kingsley is pointing out players at a chess tournament (all of whom were real chess players except for the last one with the speaking part who most people would recognize as a character actor). Joel's biggest claim to fame is that he was the trainer for IBM's Big Blue when they were programming it to beat Garry Kasparov. He's currently ranked 117th in the world [​IMG], but still 6th in the USA.[​IMG]

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Not really famous..

Don Scott - Fromer president of World Vision Canada

3. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    I think my most famous friend would be Darren Griff who is a pro golfer who almost made the cut for the PGA tour last year. Or possibly Blues guitar sensation David Gogo.

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i know some fairly "famous" tattoo artists who have tatted rock stars. i'm friends with all the artists though i haven't meet (nor care to) their rock star clientelle. one of the artists...jason cline can be seen on vh1 in a snipet. he's the guy tattooing the cross on the creed lead singer's arm. ps...he's a great artist...that tattoo design is bad and what the singer wanted. also, steve daly has tattooed the drum from 3 doors down and several members of that band frequent the shop. my girlfriend works there as a body piercer. also, "electric" ed ebbole has tattooed paul bearer of wwf fame. kind of a six degrees of famous friends i suppose.

kevin t

5. Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger Screenwriter

I didn't really mean to hit reply here. I have no famous friends, and I apologize for gunking up this thread. All Apologies. Please forgive me.

6. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    The most famous person I know is Dimitri Andreas, a character actor in movies and tv, he was in the movie Top Secret, he played the part of Latrine (cool name dude), and he's been a close friend of dads for years.

7. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

Top Secret was great!! [​IMG]
    About 6 years ago I was training to be a professional wrestler so I met and hung out with some guys (and girls)that are well known(if youre a wrestling fan that is). Mostly guys from ECW.
    My mothers friends nephew has been in lots of tv movies and such.

8. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

9. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    Harvey the seven foot rabbit? Or the Miramax Oscar purchasing guy?

10. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Napoleon, Julius Caeser, Bert Convey, Moses, William Shakespeare...oops I have to go, it's basket weaving time.

11. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

Oh, we go off on holidays with Orlando Bloom's family..
    Our parents are actually quite good friends.
    [​IMG]

12. Bruce N

Bruce N Second Unit

My friend Calvin Remsberg sings the role of one of the Merry Men in Shrek. He's the fat one with a beard, just like in real life! He gets Matrix kicked by the princess.
    Bruce

13. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

My first cousin is in a band called Mesh that's very popular in the St. Louis area and they tour regularly.Anyone else heard of them?

14. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

Most notable friend? My mom's real-estate co-worker was in a couple of movies ("Bang The Drum Slowly" and "The Muppets Take Manhattan" were the most notable ones). He doesn't really like talking about it, so I won't reveal his name.

Most famous relative? Most everyone on here knows by now that I'm a distant relative of the late Grace Kelly, which means that by extension, my relatives include Prince Albert and Princesses Caroline and Stephanie of Monaco.

Sincerely,

John "Enjoys whipping out that factoid every so often" Kilduff

15. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

16. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

I'm related to (but never met) Emmanuelle Chriqui. [​IMG]

17. JoelH

JoelH Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine is an actress who has appeared in movies and television, including Malcolm and Eddie, ER, Days of our Lives, and the movies Zeus and Roxanne, and Lucky Numbers.

A wonderful person that we are all very proud of.

----

Joel

18. SteveA

SteveA Supporting Actor

My cousin is the bass player for a band out of Atlanta called Smugface. You might not have heard of them, but you will!

19. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

A mutual friend introduced me to Seth Green in my senior year of high school. I doubt he'd remember me now, but we hung out a few times, eating ice cream at my friend's Dad's Baskin Robbins!

20. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Used to be a film-maker (never more than a very good "ameteur," unfortunately), and knew actor Gary Merrill quite well - he "starred" in several of my films. Also had the pleasure of having director Arthur Lubin critique one of my super 8mm feature films. His advice: "Never be afraid to cut. Never love your footage so much that you can't take it out when it doesn't serve your film." Great advice, and I used it, but never got into pro film-making.