What's new

Poll: Writer with the most movies made from their novels? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
King's absolute best short story is THE SUN DOG if you ask me, and I would kill for a film to be made of it! Simply astounding story!

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
What about the many writers of the Bible?

There has been a ton of movies based on the Good Book from the Edison days, up to the upcoming The Passion (the Mel Gibson movie). Some good (King of Kings '62), some bad (The Greatest Story Ever Told), some great (Jesus of Nazareth)...and that's just films based on the gospels.

According to the IMDB, there has been a few less than 100 movies based on the Bible. Some based upon works inspired by the Bible like The Robe and The Last Temptation of Christ...

Some great, like The Ten Commandments (1959) and some bad like The Greatest Story Ever Told (It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad Rome?)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
The Passion is the one he wants to do in Aramaic without any subtitles, right? Yeah.. good luck with that.. :rolleyes:
How do you think silent films were successful?
It's highly probably that this film will be done mostly in pantomime with VISUALS carrying the weight of the film.
It worked for Charlie Chaplin, so it'll work for Mel Gibson. It's just a matter of doing it right.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
Well, to paraphrase a character from Steven King's novels (I Like his work, can you tell? :)), "the world has moved on..".
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say we have long since lost the attention spans and patience for pantomime. Why else are mimes universally-loathed in Western society?
And at least silent films had "captions" that let you know what was being said.
Just my opinion. :)
But to get back on topic, we might have to exclude the Bible, if we want to stick to the "20th Century clause". But yes, the Bible would probably do well in this contest..

Users who are viewing this thread