What's new

Poll: what do you HATE most about DVD? (1 Viewer)

I didn't see it so...

When I choose the DTS track (Disney are you there?) I did really mean to choose the DTS track, no, really, I did! I don't need confirmation I did it...

Does anyone know what selecting a DTS track on a non DTS equipped setup really does?

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
On some of the older systems selecting the DTS track put a very loud noise burst thru the setup and this sometimes resulted in blown speakers. Same with why most DVD players default to PCM and must be set to bitstream for DD as some of the original Pre-amps, processors, and AVRs did this as well (for those who wonder why we must tell our DVD players to enable bitstream and DTS for digital output).

Lee Petty

Stunt Coordinator
im surprised no one has said it yet:
fingerprints!
everytime i rent a movie, someone has always put thier fat thumb right in the middle of the disk. so im always in a hurry and pop the disk in and then all of a sudden my movie jumps ahead a few minutes of playtime. pop out the disk, and there it is. clean it off and it works fine, but jeez what a pain! :angry:
that is the ONLY thing i miss about vhs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks