What's new

Poll to support OAR on HD-HBO, important! (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
That thread has degenerated into a pointless discussion of 16:9 vs P&S. I hope noone on HBO reads it.

/Mike

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
They don't crop all of them. I've seen several 2:35 films on HBOHD in OAR.

I'm more upset that so few of their original series are in 16/9. I can halfway understand some of the older reruns series like Tracy Takes On being 4/3, but Six Feet Under needs to be widescreen.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Well, I find myself in an interesting situation with HBO. When I heard about their MARing of 2.35:1 films, I decided I would not subscribe (and I posted strong statements about it), even though it meant not being able to see uninterrupted HD movies on my front projector. A couple of months ago, however, I started getting the HD channel, even though I wasn't paying for it. Watching films that had an OAR of 1.85 is quite pleasurable.

BTW, it's my understanding that the 2.35 films that they show in OAR are ones that came on the channel prior to the current policy going into effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks