Poll to support OAR on HD-HBO, important!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael St. Clair, Mar 28, 2002.

1. Michael St. Clair

Normally I would never mention another site's poll in a thread here, but if you are an AVS Forum member (or want to be), please go vote to have HBO start showing 2.35:1 scope movies in OAR on their HD channel, they currently crop them. Every bit of visibility in these matters help.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=126896

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

That thread has degenerated into a pointless discussion of 16:9 vs P&S. I hope noone on HBO reads it.

/Mike

3. Michael St. Clair

Ooops, I ignored the thread and just did the poll...

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

They don't crop all of them. I've seen several 2:35 films on HBOHD in OAR.

I'm more upset that so few of their original series are in 16/9. I can halfway understand some of the older reruns series like Tracy Takes On being 4/3, but Six Feet Under needs to be widescreen.

5. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

Well, I find myself in an interesting situation with HBO. When I heard about their MARing of 2.35:1 films, I decided I would not subscribe (and I posted strong statements about it), even though it meant not being able to see uninterrupted HD movies on my front projector. A couple of months ago, however, I started getting the HD channel, even though I wasn't paying for it. Watching films that had an OAR of 1.85 is quite pleasurable.

BTW, it's my understanding that the 2.35 films that they show in OAR are ones that came on the channel prior to the current policy going into effect.