What's new

*POLL*: So Where Do You Buy *Your* BB, Apple, Marine, Or Otherwise Void-Free Ply? (1 Viewer)

Peter_A_M

Stunt Coordinator
Merry Christmas, all!
I'm saving up for a DPL12-based sealed subwoofer, and though I'd like to build a void-free plywood enclosure, I can't find anyone that has any for a good price. The local lumber stores don't have any and the two best online prices (Public Lumber Company, $74.95 for a cut-up 4' x 8' sheet of BB, $30 shipping, and KenCraft, $50+ for a 5' x 5' sheet of BB, unknown shipping cost) seem too high. Are these decent prices? I'd rather pick it up locally and save myself the shipping cost, but if I can't get it anywhere in either Long Island or Massachusetts, I'll probably have to pay top dollar for it nonetheless.
Can anyone comment on their experiences with finding void-free ply? I figure if I can convince someone in my family to buy some for me in the delirium of present-unwrapping, I'd be well on my way to getting this sub finished.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I guess I'm very lucky that I have a local lumber place within a few miles and BB 5x5 is just ~$24. Hmm.. I'd suggest calling a cabinet maker shop or someone and ask them where they get theirs or possibly buy one from them outright.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks