What's new

Poll on what game console you like best.. (1 Viewer)

Ashley

Grip
I was wondering if I could take a survey on which console is liked the best. Mine would have to be PS2. Please reply! I'm interested to see which one will come first. :p)

Andrew s wells

Second Unit
At this point in time, although the Xbox has a great future, i would without a doubt have to go with the Dreamcast. I have never seen any system with such a huge amount of top games,especially in such a short (unfortunately) life span.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Of the ones I've owned in the past few years? Dreamcast. That little thing completely resurrected my interest in videogames and excited me as a gamer on many levels. I am very fond of my Gamecube and PS2 though but I'm far too early into my purchase of those machines to rate one above the other. X-Box also beckons.

Dan (UK)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
my favorite was Super Nintendo...

you've got classics like

Super Metroid

Zelda: A Link to the Past

Earthworm Jim

Super Mario World 1 and 2

Final Fantasy games

Super Mario RPG

FZERO

Pilotwings

...just off the top of my head.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
For stuff you can still find on the shelves, the Dreamcast hits the best balance of hardware power and good games to be had. But I don't think the Atari 2600/7800 will ever be bested - I still play a lot of Robotron, Joust, and Ms. Pac-Man on my 7800.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I would say SNES, but I was not as into gaming then so I missed out big time.

I would say DC, but for me, that would be a lie (I must have missed out on all the good games because I don't have many).

I would say GameCube, but its too new and not my current favorite.

I would say PSX, but I can play those games on PS2.

So I would say my favorite is the PS2 because of the great PSX and PS2 games.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Overall, the SNES has given me tons of gaming bliss. Recently, the PS2 hasn't failed to deliver at all. I'm just not as much of a gamer as I used to be.

Marshall W. Carter

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall W. Carter
My vote definitely goes with the Dreamcast. No other system in recent memory has given me more of what I like to play (primarily 2D fighters...from SNK no less). Frankly, all that was needed was a release of Metal Slug 3 to make me forget about selling my Neo Geo ;)
The SNES would definitely get honorable mention though, as some of my favorite RPG's saw light of day there (FFII, FFIII, Chrono Trigger, Lufia II), not to mention a slew of what I consider to be classics (Super Metroid, Super Ghouls & Ghosts, Demon's Crest, Zelda, etc.). The 2600 holds a special place as well (first console), as well as, and there might be a look of disbelief or two here, the Jaguar. Tempest 2000, Defender 2000 & Alien vs. Predator hooked me like few games in their genres have since...

Chad Ellinger

Second Unit
NES
Incredible games that set standards for gameplay lasting over 15 years. Plus, they just don't make games as tough as the old-school 8-bit. All I have to say is ... Ninja Gaiden. :)

SteveA

Supporting Actor
I would say Nintendo 64 is the best console I've owned because of such fantasic games as Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, and Donkey Kong 64. The jury is still out on the GameCube, since it's best games are still under development.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Atari 2600... Or the Atari 800 (which had many underground ports of 5200 games)

The NES was nice too, as was the SNES. Turbographics 16 and the CD player was worth it just for the 'Y's' series of games on CD-ROM... I had some fun with my old Genesis too,

It is really hard for me to nail down just a single console. Playstation 1 was great for FF VII and Tomb Raider and Xenogears,

Dreamcast for Soul Calibur, and Code Veronica, and Skies of Arcadia, and Grandia 2,

PS2 is starting to deliver the goods (finally) with FF X, and MEtal Gear, and Devil May Cry ...Xenosaga is on the way too,

Gamecube has Rogue Leader and those INCREDIBLE looking Resident Evil re-makes are coming soon...

I do love my X-Box though for multiplayer Halo, and DOA 3, and Silent Hill 2... oh, and of course for the DD 5.1 audio and the progressive scan output.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. I can't pick a favorite, but without a doubt, I was most into video games when I was a kid ...and those were the days of the Atari 2600. That was just the most exciting time ever for video games, because video games pretty much did not exist before that point.

WilliamS

Agent
Best console from back in the day goes to SNES. Remember the first time you played Street Fighter 2 for that console? It was like the first time, IMO, that an arcade game was converted perfectly into a cartidge.

As for the consoles of today my pick goes to GameCube only becuase it had a good launch of games (although stale at the moment) and has a crop of great games coming in 2002/03 like the Resident Evil Series (when have character models ever looked that good?), Metriod Prime, Perfect Dark Zero, and of course Zelda.

Beside four contoller ports, another plus about the Cube (as with the XBox) is the system has very quick load times for the majority of their games, and when there is, it's always the same developer who is guilty of it on both sytems, namely EA.

Now moment of silence for the Dreamcast, please.

-you bessed our hearts with your perfect Capcom ports, you were so inexpensive, and showed the world that your struggling company wasn't afraid to go online. and so we commend you, dear Sega Dreamcast. ashes to ashes and dust to dust.

Peace! IMOUTTAHEAR!

Thanks

ChrisV

Second Unit
Alright, another "back in the day" vote for SNES. That thing was a LOT of fun.

As for modern consoles... I'm sorry, but so far the Dreamcast still blows my mind. Keep in mind that I have a PS2 and have played both GTA3 and Halo extensively. But the Dreamcast, man. Wicked games, VGA(!!), 4 controller ports, online right out of the box, way ahead of it's time. Did I mention that the games were wicked?

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
The N64 for me. I was never so immersed into games as much as Mario 64 and Zelda.
Runner up is SNES. And no I'm not a Nintendo fanboy, I have all next gen consoles except for the cube. :D I just enjoy gaming that really pulls you out of reality and makes you connect with the characters/world.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Man, I was just thinking about how much fun I used to have with my SNES, compared to my other systems (N64, Dreamcast, PS2). Maybe it was getting into gaming Big Time with that system, but games like CHRONO just kept me enthralled! BTW, is Chrono Cross worth getting?

Kip

Stunt Coordinator
Chalk up one more for the Dreamcast. The little console that could.

Kip

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks