What's new

Poll: How long have you been playing video games? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
I got my Atari 2600 in 1983 and was 4. Here are all the systems I have owned:

Atari 2600 (have one still, although not the original)
NES (still have)
Gameboy
SNES
N64
Sega Game Gear
Sega Genesis
Sega Dreamcast (still have)
Playstation (still have)
Playstation 2 (Still have)
XBOX (still have)

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Space Invaders (arcade)
Intellivision
Vetrex
Commodore 64
NES
SNES
Sega Saturn
N64
PC
Dreamcast
Ps2

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
The earliest "videogame" I remember is some sort of pong clone - they were VERY common in the UK in the very late 70's. The first real machine I remember was a woodgrain Atari2600 at a school friend's house - he has Pole Position & a few other games and it was jaw dropping, I hadn't seen anything like it.
The first machine I owned was a Sinclair ZX81 home computer - I got that the year the ZX Spectrum came out, as my parents weren't at all rich. I *loved* that machine. I loved its wobbly RAM pack, I loved its terrible membrane keyboard. I loved its grayscale graphics & lack of sound. It even started me on the slipperly slope of programming - I learned rudimentary BASIC on it. I remember making up "mock up" screens for games - I did an Elite clone HUD before there was such a thing as Elite for instance :)
So, basically I've been gaming since I was around 5/6, and I got my first machine when I was about 9/19 - around 20 years ago.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
I was probably the same age as the others....4 or 5. That means I have played for a good 25-26 years, although I took a sabbatical in my early 20's when I first got out of college only to return.
Systems...
Atari 2600
Intellivision
Colecovision
Sega Genesis
Playstation 1
X-Box
Believe it or not...no NES for me. All my friends had it at the time, so I didn't need to get my own!:D
Desert Strike(his favorite game).
Man, I forgot about this one!!! One of the truly great (and difficult at times) Genesis games ever made. I loved this game (and all the sequels!!!)

Jeff P

Agent
Wow, I guess I am 30 now....

Original Pong (still have it)
Atari 2600 (remember those Activision Patches you used to work so hard to get!!)
Atari 400 (love the keyboard)
C-64
C-128 (why, someone stole our c64!!!)
NES

COLLEGE!!!

486 SX
PC System
Sega Dreamcast
X-Box
MAME Cabinet

I remember playing Bard's Tale on the C64. Load the disk, mow the lawn, and you are ready to go!!!

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Intellivision! With the voice synthesis module.

"Starbase one under attack! Impulse drive 2/3rds down, under repair..."

"The code! The code! Figure out the code! Replace this second, this first, this third.... Wrong Part"

"Bandits twelve O'clock! Got em! That was close!"

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
My earliest memories were Atari at home, but the first fond memories were Choplifter and Elevator Action at a local bowling alley.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Atari 2600 (The wood-looking one)
Atari 5200
C-64
C-128
Various PC's
N64
XBOX
PS2

I *think* the first ever video game I ever played was the original Asteroids. But it might have been Pac-Man or Pong. Not 100% sure.

I remember that Pac-Man on the 2600 was awful.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Whenever Sears got Pong (1970?), that's when I started playing video games at home (though I remember playing a Submarine game at a grocery store in the late 60's that was very cool).

After Pong we got the Atari that was strictly Pinball and Break Out, but I can't remember it's name. Then I got the Atari 2600, the 5200, ColecoVision, Sega Genesis, N64, and now the GameCube.

Nick V

Second Unit
I must have started when I was like 4 or 5 years old. Here are the systems that I've owned:

Sega Mater System (Great Golf, what a game...)
Nintendo
Sega Genesis
Sega CD
Super Nintendo
Playstation 1
Nintendo 64
Playstation 2
XBOX

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
since POng (Sears), which was 74 I think. I was about 6. Then Atari and on up the line, Nintendo, Sega, PS, then I left all the consoles for PC games, I just have more fun MP. I have several vintage Atari systems, manuals and all. I still have the Sears Pong also, in fine working order. They are fun to play once and a while.

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
I was around 3 or 4 when I first played a game, so it was in either 1987 or 1988. The system was my uncle's Atari 2600, which my dad borrowed and never returned. Of the systems I've owned, that's the only one I don't have right now. I have:

NES (used to have the original version, but traded it in for the smaller NES in '93)
Super NES
Genesis (original version)
Game Boy (original version)
Game Gear (the sound no longer works, sadly)
Sega CD (second version)
32X
Saturn
Nintendo 64 (I have two of these)
PlayStation
Game Boy Color (teal colored)
Dreamcast (I've gone through two of these, as the first one stopped working)
PlayStation 2
Game Boy Advance (it's my brother's, but he lets me play it)
X-Box

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
TOO MANY! River Raid was great, how bout' Chopper Command and Defender! Those were my favorites!

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
I was about 6 when Atari came out and my brother got it for his birthday (he was 10).

To this day my two favorite "old school" systems were Coleco and Atari.

My all time favorite system is a tie for the Sega Genesis and NES.

The system that impressed me most the first time I fired it up was the N64 "Shadows of the Empire". Everything that has happened after that is sort of expected. The three dimensional aspect of the N64 really broke barriers for a home console system.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I didn't get started until 1985 when my parents bought a Comadore 128D, that was a fun 'puter. I was about 6 at the time. Haven't stoped since :) I didn't get into consoles until the summer of '99 I picked up Bleem but got so pissed at it I bought a Playstation. Now I own PS2, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA, and Xbox (sold the PS1 when I got the PS2)
I do however own 300+ PC video games :)
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks