What's new

POLL: Fight Club or Seven (Se7en)? (1 Viewer)

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
Which do you like better: Fight Club or Seven (Se7en)? I'm going to re-watch both back-to-back right now and I'll post the answer then.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Se7en - easily

Fight Club is way overrated especially here on HTF - IMO. I'll admit its very stylish but that silly twist ending had me in stitches.

Brian Lawrence

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Fight Club
I thought it was more inventive and had greater imagination than Se7en. Seven is the film that I would call over-rated, I don't think that it was a bad film at all, but it was really nothing more than a good serial killer story, with moody rain-swept cinematography and somber pacing. I give it credit for not trying to be a thrill a minute roller-coaster ride but when the film was over I found there to be nothing much to really think about. I still give it a thumbs up and have it in my collection .
Fight Club would not even make it into my top 50 of the 90's, yet the film was kind of wild , off the wall and a breath of fresh air coming from a director who looked to me like he was on the tired path of becoming another all style and no substance Ridley Scott.

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Fight Club BARELY. It usually all depends on what I'm in the mood to watch but I love both films.

Tiffany A

Stunt Coordinator
IMO Se7en is far better than Fight Club. However, Fight Club is so unique that you should arrange to see it, as well.
(Don't eat spagetti before you watch Se7en) ;)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Tough call for me.
I think Fight Club may be the better film overall.
Ask me again tomorrow and my answer may be different... ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Fight Club. It is one of the films that I consider "perfect" (definately in my top 10 of all time).

Jefe Noche

Stunt Coordinator
Se7en (by miles, and I like, and own Fight Club)
For me, personally, Se7en was a "sledgehammer that got my attention" the first time I saw it. The film, IMO, is a flat out masterpiece. One of the many amazing aspects of the film is that John Doe (probably the most twisted of any villians in any film) has a valid arguement.
Freeman's, Pitt's, and Spacey's performances are all dead on.
It has the coolest opening title sequence of all time.
And the "bad guy" actually wins.
What more could you want from a film? :)

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Se7en, though Fight Club is still an incredible film. I think both would make my top ten of the 90s...

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Fight Club - only by inches. Both where wonderfully movies, but I made a more personal connection with Fight Club.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks