What's new

Directors Poll: caution. Requires honest answer (1 Viewer)

Randy Emery

Auditioning
I am new to this forum and to Home theater. I am about to start a front projection set up. Here is the question:

How many of you can tell the difference between the product of a $2,000 projector and a $5,000 one? I am not young, so maybe my eyes arent catching something, but a significant difference eludes me. Thanks for your input

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I believe in the law of diminishing returns. If you are getting your first monitor of any kind, I always recommend toward the middle/low end of the water. If anything else, this hobby suffers more from upgraditis than most others. So, if you get the $2,000 projector, you'll be happy now and want to upgrade later. If you get the $5,000 one now, you'll be happy, and want to upgrade later. The difference is that you're going to have to upgrade to the $10,000 projector if you choose the latter.

My theory anyway. Certainly nothing more.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Randy, I seem to have the same experience when listening to speakers. I mean, I can certainly tell a difference between crap speakers and good ones, but when comparing two units of similar quality, I must be missing something.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks