What's new

Poll: Are you now...or have you ever been in Love? (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Free DVD of their choice if anybody can convince me to say anything about my personal life on this forum.

:p)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Dome,

What past trauma or personal fears make you loathe to discuss personal details on this forum?

Regards,

Ken "Hoping Dome slips up so he'll buy me 'The Elephant Man' DVD" McAlinden

Livonia, MI USA

Janna S

Second Unit
Gee, Dome, you don't have to tell us anything. "Thai Hillbilly" says it all . . . and brings lots of interesting images to mind.

I have been in love several times, but many of those experiences seem like calf love now.

I'm not so interested in the experience any more - I don't think it would be possible for me to give myself up to the notion of "falling in love," and I'm not willing to compromise my standards for a guy (put it this way, I haven't met an available guy whose standards were similar enough to mine). Age and maturity have made me not "need" a guy in my life the way I might have when I was younger (I earn a good living, and I can take care of all the mundane details of life - work, housing, food, cars, errands, vacations, home repairs, entertainment, financial matters, parties, etc. - just fine without a partner).

Sex might be fun. However, I had a no-strings-attached sexual relationship with a guy for quite a while, and although the sex was great, I didn't like him or respect his personal values enough to feel good about just using him for sex, so I recently ended that.

There are millions of ships passing in the night. It really is too bad that it's not easier for those who are looking to find one another. I have several close friends of different ages, interests, genders, and sexual preferences who have sort of given up looking, sort of like I have, and for pretty much the same reasons. I have seen a few want-ad and internet relationships work out great, so I never scorn what anyone wants to try. You know the old saying "Every pot has a lid"? Well, every pot that wants a lid should have the opportunity to find one.

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Free DVD of their choice if anybody can convince me to say anything about my personal life on this forum.
OK Dome, I'll give you a free DVD of your choice if you say something about your personal life. ;)
Whoever said "It's better to have loved, than not love at all" did NOT know what they were talking about. ;)
Sometimes when your deeply in love and you get hurt and the relationship ends, the hurt doesn't go away for a long time.
Love can hurt, hurt REAL bad :frowning:
For me Nazereth said it best: "Love Hurts"
I would have rather not have known Love, at least so far.
I want to find a woman I can grow old with, not one that makes me grow old.
Can you tell I've been hurt? Sorry :b

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Number of times. My life is full of emotional crap, partly because I very easily bond with anyone... :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks