What's new

Polk woofer up-grade (1 Viewer)

Hugh Scrivener

Stunt Coordinator
I have a Polk psw-350, that for a low-end product does ok, I have to admit I probably push it way too hard though.

My question is: Has anyone ever replaced the existing woofer with a different woofer? The woofer is rated a wopping 38Hz on the low end(which of course is questionable) while some woofers that are manufactured for car audio, made by Polk and others, are rated as low as 18Hz. I know that there are different types of woofers for different enclosures, but would I be able to use one of these in the Polk enclosure after matching the specs?

The Polk has a nice tone but rattles pitifully whenever real low freqs are around. I can barely watch Fight Club, and the THX logo at the opening of Phantom Menence is correctly named the sub-woofer killer.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated!!!!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I own the same Polk sub, which is being replaced by a SVS 20-39CS+ on Tuesday. Sadly, given the enclosure size, dual porting, and the frequency range that the amp boosts, I think you're out of luck as far as upgrading the driver. That's why I'm dumping mine off on a sub-less friend and getting the SVS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks