What's new

Polk vs Klipsch (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Looking at the lower end Polk (LSi 3) and Klipsch SC1) Speakers.

Costs for the centers are roughly the same, Range seems to be almost identical Klipsch claiming a bit more depth at + or - 3 Db

Klipsch's sensitivity is 95 while the Polk is 89, but I got no idea what they used as a impedence when testing or what they weighted the frequencies. Any ideas where I can find this information?

basically I'm looking at getting some moderatly priced speakers that I will stick with to get all 6 speakers I need for my new and permanent HT system. Polks tend to be a bit expensive as you move to the fronts and sourrounds where as Klipsch seems to stay a bit lower.

They both sound good as far as I can tell.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Huh? Sensitivity is checked with pink noise 1w@1m, should be pretty standard. The indication here, the LSis will need more juice than the Klipsch. Impedance is not really important to the test, but it could be to your amp - the LSis are all 4 Ohm nominal.

Never heard of LSi3s either. The LSis are the TOP models, not the lower end.

Eric D Wong

Stunt Coordinator
Well yeah the Klipsch's are more sensitive cause they got horn tweeters.

Klipsch vs. Polk, wow thats a tough one, definately down to personal choice. I think Polks are generally a little softer sounding, Klipsch's are a little harder.

(I got a Polk LSi system right now, but run a pair Klipsch RW-12s right along with them)..

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Sorry Polk CSi3. Been looking at to many speakers lately.

What about the BiC's, I've read a bunch of reviews on their Center Channel (specifically the DV62CLR-S) and everyone seems to love it, and even compare the Sound quality to speakers 4 times as much.

These BiC's are definatly not an expensive set of speakers if I were use them for my HT setup.

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
I'll comment on this.

Find a way to listen side-to-side. I can't remember too many people who like both Klipsch and Polk. It tends to be a love or hate type thing. Myself, I love Polk, and hate Klipsch. To me, those horns kill the sound. Others would give their right arm before their horns.

Chances are, listen to them side to side for 5 seconds, and you will know your choice.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I listened to some higher end Klipsch and Paradigm speakers side by side and like the paradigm more. They were also about $100 more per speaker on average.

The brand of Klipsch was the lower end synergy brand which I have been told, doesn't have a typical Klipsch sound. I would have to say that I believe them when they say that as the center at my friends house (Which he just bough a week ago) sounds better than the higher end klipsch we listened too.

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
See if you are able to audition the Klipsch RF7's. To my ears, they are BY FAR the best Klipsch has to offer. I listened to them side by side with the top of the line LSi Polks' and there was no comparison...IMO. I didn't care for the RF5's or 35's and have not auditioned the Synergy line.

Mort

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks