What's new

polk vs. klipsch speakers (1 Viewer)

tim ivan

Auditioning
hi guys....i posted this on audio review and got only a few responses,so here it is....
i am trying to make a choice on what type of speakers to purchase(klipch rf3II or polk rti70)i plan to also purchase center and surrounds to match the brand.i also plan to get a pioneer elite receiver shortly after that.i plan to use the speakers for home theater use mostly , but i want it to play my cd music also.i presently have a pioneer d3s and mb quart speakers(raw speakers in a diy enclosure),B&W center,mb quart surrounds(also in diy enclosures)and a klipsch sw10 sub.please give me any positive or negative remarks that will help me make my choice.i really want to stick with either of the 2 brands.thank you....tim

Mark R. Ososkie

Stunt Coordinator
Klipsch hands down, the RTi70s really wont compare imo. I own a pair of RF-5's and absolutely love them, but if you can test them both out, let your ears decide.

Paul Seyfarth

Stunt Coordinator
Polk LSi series you need to listen to those, they are lots better than the RT series.

Let your ears decide, go test lots of speakers.

JordanS

Second Unit
I have the RF-3 II with Adcom Seperates (100 x 2) and it gets obnoxiously loud and the speakers mantain their composure.

Chris Tabor

Stunt Coordinator
I have the klipsch rf7's and love them. They absolutely ROCK. I upgraded from a full polk setup and will never go back. But definately listen for yourself.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
IMHO the Lsi's are a much better sounding speaker, but then again you need to let your ears figure out what they like! Try to audition a set before you buy anything else!

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
The Elite rcvrs are nice sounding, but run better with more efficiant speaker designs...Klipsch will give the Elite more dynamics.....

Cam S

Screenwriter
Klipsch, no doubt about it. I'm using RB-3's for fronts untill I upgrade to the RF towers, and they are just amazing for such small speakers!!!!!!!!

Phil Mays

Second Unit
I have both, and like both. I had the rt's in my main room
until I purchased the RF-3's. The 3's were so dominate that I went complete Klipsch in my main room and retired the rt's to the bedroom. I have since even upgraded the rf-3's.

Don't get me wrong. Again I love the sound of both, in a different way. I simply went with the Klipsch in my main listening area as they were much more effecent.

You may be able to save some money if your B & W center is decent as it would match the Polk's better and you may be able to save some dough there.

Listen for yourself and get what you like!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks