Polk vs Energy

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Craig Thorn, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Craig Thorn

Craig Thorn Extra

Here I am thinking I am about to puchase the Energy Take 5+1 system (possibly the Encore) based on a friends recommendation when I stumble across a distributor here in Australia for Polk.

I have heard good things about both companies mind you.

Today I listened to a RTi4 (x2) and a PSW505 subwoofer setup. Not one of my own CD's however. Having listened to The Corrs, I was a bit disappointed with the bass. There could have been many factors contributing to this, but I expected my pants to vibrate.

Anyway ... moving on. I was very pleased with the RTi4 bookshelf speakers and was hoping someone could help me with some kind of comparison with the Energy satellite package.

Anyone keen on telling me of their experience with the two sets of speaker systems? And possibly a recommendation on what subby I should consider.

Just as an additional note, I plan on running these speakers with a Yamaha RX-V650 in about a 36 square metre room.

2. Craig Thorn

Craig Thorn Extra

Here I am thinking I am about to puchase the Energy Take 5+1 system (possibly the Encore) based on a friends recommendation when I stumble across a distributor here in Australia for Polk.

I have heard good things about both companies mind you.

Today I listened to a RTi4 (x2) and a PSW505 subwoofer setup. Not one of my own CD's however. Having listened to The Corrs, I was a bit disappointed with the bass. There could have been many factors contributing to this, but I expected my pants to vibrate.

Anyway ... moving on. I was very pleased with the RTi4 bookshelf speakers and was hoping someone could help me with some kind of comparison with the Energy satellite package.

Anyone keen on telling me of their experience with the two sets of speaker systems? And possibly a recommendation on what subby I should consider.

Just as an additional note, I plan on running these speakers with a Yamaha RX-V650 in about a 36 square metre room.

3. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

As I believe I posted in a thread before, you're not going to get spectacular bass from satellites...

4. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

As I believe I posted in a thread before, you're not going to get spectacular bass from satellites...