What's new

Polk Speakers (1 Viewer)

Dalejam

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale
Can some one give me an idea what polk speakers to buy for in the wall or ceiling install. Onkyo receiver HT-R530

ANY HELP AT ALL PLEASE.
Dale

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
All speakers are really a very personal choice. What sounds "crisp" to one person may sound "harsh" to another. Auditioning speakers is the correct way to choose such a personal item.

If you can't find a place to audition in-wall speakers, then try the Dayton line of speakers from Parts-Express. PE has been around for years providing audio nuts like us a place to buy parts to build speakers. Their in-wall line always gets great reviews. When you compare their prices to retail brands you will see what a bargain their are. In their Showcase, they have plans to build your own in-walls as well.

-Robert

Dalejam

Auditioning
Real Name
Dale
Thank you for the info but i like Polk for my personal reason like you said. Just cant find any stores with them in there ceiling hooked up and playing. Dont want to go to a high end store to pay high price for what i think i want. Could you name aplace that sells them cheaper then the store would ask. Looked under E-Bay, Craigs list .

Dale

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Here's Polk's dealer locator which should help you find a local dealer. I know Frys sells their in-wall and ceiling speakers. But stores are not very good places to listen to speakers. Too much rackett and too many interuptions. In your home is the best place to audition them (tougher to do with in-walls/ceiling speakers) so look for a dealer with a good return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samtbax
Recent bookmarks