What's new

Polk RTi12 Price at CC (1 Viewer)

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Circuit City last night and saw the Polk Rti12 floorstanding fronts for 399 a piece and the CSi5 for 249. Is this a really good price? I thought that I had seen these speakers for almost twice this much at showcase (owned by tweeter). I checked the actual tag and made SURE the model number was correct. RTi12BK. They sounded great. Wouldn't mind getting that center for only 249 either. Don't know if this was a mistake, but I'm sure thats what the price tag said. Is their normal price? Thanks, guys.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
They were $699 before (RTi12's) so it is a great deal. I read a post from an employee that stated these lines are out from CC so they are clearing them. If you like them, get them while you can.

Joe Blech

Stunt Coordinator
I think I might just go down and get them if they are a good deal. But here is my dilemma. I just went yesterday and auditioned some B&W 603's and 604's. I can get the 603's and the LCR600 for about the same price as the Polk line-up. (Maybe a little more) I will be powering with a Denon 3802 and would like to hear a few opinions on the B&W's vs. the Polk's. I know this is subjective, but I really like them both. It is hard to tell which I really prefer being that they were in different stores and not exactly ideal listening spaces. Any input on the tonal quality of one vs. the other?

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
You might want to add an external amp with those 12's. Something you have to consider when making the decision. How much were the RTi8's? I liked them better on the high tones than the 12's and your Denon would be enough to power them. Add a subwoofer with the money left over to replace the lost bass from the 12 to 8's. That of course depends on how much the price difference is.

No opinion on the B&W's.

Matt Sweet

Auditioning
I saw this post at work and ran out to CC. Got a CSi5 for $249 and a pair or RTi4's for $199. The store I went to showed the old prices but rang up less. Don't wait cause I had to go to 2 CC's to find the CSi5. The girl said it looked like they were going fast. Not to mention that they were still giving away the free sub if you buy $499 or more.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Which subwoofer did you get and when does this expire? Those RTI12s look like monsters ..for $800 a pair I think I owe them a listen.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member

The "free" sub is the PSW-202. Not too impressive of a sub - which usually sells on eBay for $100 - $110.

The "deal" on the cheaper speaker prices will end when Circuit City sells out of their inventory. CC will start carrying the new Monitor series of Polk speakers. You'll have to go to Tweeter or another authorized ealer if you want to purchase the RTi series in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks