What's new

Polk RTI-70 To bi-wire or not (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I just purchased a new pair of Rti-70 towers and I was curious how those that own them have them wired. I am still a little green at the whole bi-wire process so also could someone refresh my memory as to how the process works. I will tell you that paired with my new 17-39pci SVS they sound incredible. Much better than the R30's they replaced. I am using a Yamaha Htr-5540 current to power them.

Thanks for any help and info guys.

MarkyM

Agent
I bi-wired mine and it seemed to make quite a difference..
with that said, however on my RTi the jumper strap was loose between the two sets of terminals on both speakers
So if you don't bi-wire at least make sure that the jumpers
are secure or replace with some 12g speaker wire.....
(if I had to do it all over again, I would have just replaced the jumper with some 12g)

Mark

Mark Russ

Second Unit
Hey Jeff. Do it. It might not actually improove anything, but it certianly won't hurt anything either. It's such a cheap tweak, why not go for it?
BTW, when is the next Night Ranger tour?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
At the very least, toss the litle strap that comes with most speakers and drop in a quality piece of wire, of the same type you are using for the speakers (or better). These little straps do not seem to do the best job at signal transfer in many cases. Next would be to run two separate wires from a single channel on your amp, though this may gain you only a marginal difference. Lastly, without moving to active bi-amping, would be to have a single amp for each set of inputs on your speakers.

When I bi-wired my Mordaunt Short 902s, the difference was very apparent.

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Night Ranger? Didn't you know I launched a solo career, failed though it may be. Actually I am sure he has a few more bucks in his pockets than I. (you know from all of the albums they sell each year);)

No offense intended for the boys from Night Ranger. Thanks for the tips guys. I will pull the insert and re-wire them tonight.

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
At the very least, toss the litle strap that comes with most speakers and drop in a quality piece of wire, of the same type you are using for the speakers (or better). These little straps do not seem to do the best job at signal transfer in many cases.
Great recommendation, John. I don't have the space to bi-wire my fx1000's, so I did just that. The highs are noticeably better.

Also, I use Monster M1.4 bi-wire for my RT800i mains, and Monster 14-4 bi-wire for my CS400i and I can strongly recommend either for your RTi70's.

Regards,

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks