What's new

Polk rt55 vs. Infinity IL30 (1 Viewer)

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I've been looking at crutchfield's site..

Right now they've got the rt55's for $400 a pair and the IL30's for $600 (including an IL25c center channel). Now I've heard the Polk bookshelves and liked them. I'm not sure if I've heard the specific model of Infinity, but I recall liking the sound of Polk better.

It won't be convenient for me to go out and find some IL30's to listen to for a little while, so I thought I'd get this forum's opinion of these speakers. Keeping in mind that with the Polks I'd be getting a CS400 center (another $400). Of course, other recommendations in the price range are welcome.

I've been hem-hawing around for a while and now it's decision time.

JoeDelan

Stunt Coordinator
I think what you are getting with the Polks will be all you need for the price...Great Speakers, Great Price. Can you ask for anything more?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Well, I'd go Polk. I've got the RT55's and a CS400 and love'em.
Peace Out~:D

Shaun_B

Auditioning
Never had Polks, but I do have the IL40's with the IL36 center, and they sound wonderful. But like always listen first, your ears may like klipsh...

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
I went and ordered a pair of RT55i's and a CS400i. (teehee) :D
I did have a positive listening experience with them and it seems I have to look hard to find a harsh word spoken of them. Not to mention that I have until the 31st of January (!!) to decide if I like them through crutchfield.
C'MON UPS MAN!

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Shaun, as a side note, Klipsh has the distinction of being the only speakers I listened to that caused physical pain to my ears. :eek:
Now those are some bright speakers!

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Although I like Infinity a lot, I'm not very fond of the IL30. Personally, I think the IL10 sounds better (quite a bit better). Just get a couple of nice stands and you're set.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Congrats on the purchase Greg :emoji_thumbsup:
Once you get'em, grab a serial # off the back of a speaker and head on over to the polk website and join the clubpolk
forum.
Peace Out~:D

LinhT

Stunt Coordinator
I saw the RT55i pairs for $299 at J&R. Can I use one of them as center speaker. It is cheaper than the CS400 and in similar spec. Any thought will be appreciate.

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
Linh,
J and R says they can't ship the speakers outside of NY, NJ, or CT. You wouldn't be able to get them shipped directly to you, and no, I have no idea why.. :confused:
But, to help with your question, that was basically the gist of Dan's email. He suggested I get another pair of RT55s instead of a CS400 and use one for the center. I assume he meant standing it upright on the tv..
ps. Ron, I'll be seein ya on ClubPolk :)

Thomas_A

Second Unit
I know on the polk forum...someone did just that... used a 55i instead of a 400i... he tried manys set-ups and decided that for a center channel...the 400i was better suited. Just one mans experience... everyone's can be different
good luck..
I personaly like the 400i...;)

Mike Brantley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Brantley
Golly... I stumbled right into the RT55/CS400 club! Yep, that's my setup as well, with RT35i's for the surrounds.
One day I'll get a decent sub to go with them. :)
Congrats on your purchase, Greg. I think you'll be happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks