What's new

Polk RT300p LOwer half subs? (1 Viewer)

Any one comment on how these perform. I just picked up a pair at CC for incredible deal, and I am going to use them for my HT subs replacing my single Velodyne CT120. I have an ES sony 333 and polk 55's for mains and CS 400 for center. Also When using my RT 55's should I go through the crossovers in the 3000 lowers, or stick with the Sony ES crossover controls? Thanks Rizzo....
------------------

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure how well the RT300s would do compared to one of the better(more expensive) dedicated woofs out there...but they might be a slight improvement on the ct120.
If you really looking for a day/night improvement on the ct120...you should look toward one of the bigger VELs(if you want to stay velodyne)...something like the HGS15/18.
TV

Westly T

Second Unit
I've heard them in a setup at a store, but that's it. Just curious, what did you pay for them??
------------------
- Wes
My Home Theater
The MMG were replaced with 1.6QR's and added Marantz MA-700's. SVS is here. Ok, allot more then that has changed, I'll update my page some day...

I payed $199 each for them with CC 5 year extended warranty. Anyone else comment on what you think of them. The reason I ask is that The amps in both units were not functioning and they went right in for service So I dont have them Yet.

JamesG

Grip
Dylan,
I own the RT3000P's. Performance is amazing. I also own Polk's PSW650, a dual 10" 165 watt powered sub. I believe that the PSW650 is comparable to the CT120, or perhaps the CT150. The RT3000s blow away the PSW650 in terms of output and quality of bass. In fact, with the RT3000's, the PSW 650 is basically just serving as an end table.
The last time I saw the RT3000 sub sections in Circuit City (8 months ago), they were going for $899 EACH, and that was for a used pair. $199 each is an incredible price.
I would recommend hooking up your RT55's using the crossovers in the RT3000's. That way you can adjust the crossover to get a better blend between the sub and sat.
------------------

JamesG,
Thanks for the reply, that is just what I wanted to here. I called CC yesterday , and they said they have been assigned a Tech and Parts are ordered hopefully be done in 7 - 10 days. Cant beat that buying speakers for rock bottum price which are then reconditioned to factory original specs. Cant wait to fire them up. Rizzo.....

I have had my RT3000Ps(tops and bottoms) for about two years and just love them, I got rid of my ct120 after I realized what good bass the polks give out!! My only complaint is that I had a storm kill my left sub and I have to send it to polk( I am crying right now, haha!) I think you will love them, I know I do(I spent 1k on the pair at cost from polk two years ago!!!)
Cort
PS the proper way to hook them up is to just send speaker cable from the receiver or amps to the upperhalves(in your case the rt-55s(bi wire if you can). Take a seperate speaker cable from the top half and send to the rt-3000p speaker cable input.(I have talked to multiple polk techs and all of them say this works the best with their crossover system.

Cort,
Thanks for the post I'll have to try the different hookups and see what works best. I'll post when they are done and I have listened to them. Called two days ago and they Had to order an amp and two woofers for one. And A amp and one woofer for the other. Cant imagine how they got so damaged in the store but oh well they will be brand new when I get them except the cases. cya rizzo.......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks