What's new

Polk RT25i or Paradigm Titan (1 Viewer)

John_E

Stunt Coordinator
I was all set to make the short drive to Canada and pick up a Titan/Atom/CC170/PDR-10 package for about $650US, but I was at a party and I heard some Polk RT25i's. Then, I found them on sale for $169 a pair. I can get 2 pair of Rt25i's, CS245i center,and the 10" PSW350 sub for about $850. I can't decide if it's worth $200 more for the Polk setup.

Any opinions?

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
If you listen to a lot of music, it might be worth the difference, but if this is a mostly-hometheater setup then the difference may not be as apparant. Those 2 are about the same in SPL, but the polk sub does sound quite different. You might want to hear the polk sub again and see if you like it.

To me, I think I would stick with the paradigms. Also what is the difference in cost between all titans vs. the titan/atom combo.

John_E

Stunt Coordinator
I could probably get 4 Titans for about $40-$50 more. I didn't notice a huge difference between the Atoms & Titans when listening with a sub, so I figured that I'd go for the smaller (WAF) surrounds. However, if many think that it's really that much better to go all Titans, I can easily spend $50 more.

John_E

Stunt Coordinator
I could probably get 4 Titans for about $40-$50 more. I didn't notice a huge difference between the Atoms & Titans when listening with a sub, so I figured that I'd go for the smaller (WAF) surrounds. However, if many think that it's really that much better to go all Titans, I can easily spend $50 more.

Trey Jones

Stunt Coordinator
My reasoning is that if you are willing to get the 4 Polks the same, getting 4 paradigms the same might be equivelant.

Mike Kao

Second Unit
I personally think the Polk's are better. If I were you, I'd spend the extra cash for the RT35i's, as the difference between that and the 25i's is pretty big

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yes, yes, I agree with Mike. If you can move up to the RT35i's, do so. I know it might be a bit more money now, but you're probably going to live with the speakers for a while and, in my opinion, the RT35i's are one of the best values on the market.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The Titan is easily a better speaker than the RT25. A better match is the RT35, then it is a toss up (Paradigm has won awards for the last 11yrs for price/performance). I still prefer the Titans and that is what I chose for my system. Not that I think the Polks are BAD, but I don't feel you are really gaining anything by going with them.

I think the Titan is a better surround than the Atom, though the difference is minimal when run "small" as you said. I originally had Titans up front and Atoms as rears, but after only a few days, I traded the Atoms for another pair of Titans. The front Titans are now in the bedroom system as mains, and my new mains are Mini-Monitors (they blend suprisingly well with my CC-170 and rear Titans).

When playing music full range, the Atoms are more accurate than the Titan, but lack good mid-bass. Again, when set to small with a sub, this isn't so important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks