Polk RT10 users past and present

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tommy_N, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Tommy_N

Tommy_N Stunt Coordinator

Hey everyone,

I'm planning on upgrading my speakers this year. Presently I am using a pair of Polk RT10. They are about 6-7 years old and I am happy with how they sound, I just think I can do better.

I'm wondering for those who have used them or heard them, what have you upgraded to? How would you describe the difference? What other models/brands did you consider?

Thanks

Tom

2. TylerZ

TylerZ Stunt Coordinator

Tom,
    I bought a pair of RT7's for my 2 channel rig about five years ago. When I did the HT switchover I stayed with the RT7's as my front speakers 'cause I really like the way they sound. I found a place on Polks website that helped me build an HT using RT7's by suggesting current center and surrounds that would timbre match. Because Polk no longer uses the tri-laminate tweeter I think it would be hard to match your 10's without going to preowned speakers in the RT or RTi lines.

Alot of people like Paradigm, Klipsch, PSB, Energy, the list can go on forever. Hope you find what you are looking for, and if you're going to part with the RT10's there is a market for them. Some consider Polk's of that vintage to sound better than the current line (except for the LSi line).

3. Ben Hanrahan

Ben Hanrahan Stunt Coordinator

Might I suggest my rt-35i's, I have 2 pairs for sale. You could have identical speakers front and back all you'd have to do is get a center channel. Or you could use one of the 35's as a center channel (This is what I do) which is the best option.

Ben

4. Tommy_N

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have Polk M3 surrounds. The only problem is that they are blown. They are from the days when recievers only put out 10-15 watts to the rear.

I'm also using an Infinity center, which is another reason as to why I want to upgrade. I never got a polk center because for the longest time I didn't have a HiFi VCR, and then when I got my DVD player a couple of years ago I knew that sooner or later I would upgrade all the speakers....and that times has come.

Tom

5. Tommy_N

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have Polk M3 surrounds. The only problem is that they are blown. They are from the days when recievers only put out 10-15 watts to the rear.

I'm also using an Infinity center, which is another reason as to why I want to upgrade. I never got a polk center because for the longest time I didn't have a HiFi VCR, and then when I got my DVD player a couple of years ago I knew that sooner or later I would upgrade all the speakers....and that times has come.

Tom