What's new

Polk RT and RTI speakers and timbre matching (1 Viewer)

Jaimin

Stunt Coordinator
I am confused as to which speakers are matched and which ones can go with which center channels. Circuit City has a ridiculously low price on RT15i's and I think these match with the RT25i's. But do they match with RTi28's also? And I assume that the RT15i and the RT25i match with the CS245i, but does the rt28i match with the CS245i also? Or does the RTi28 only match with the CSi30? Lastly, a semi-unrelated question, would using a RT15i as a center channel cause a bad sound stage or would it work as good as a CS245i? Thanks, if anyone has experience with these speakers I would appreciate your help.

Jaimin

Jaimin

Stunt Coordinator
I made a mistake, circuit city has the R15's on sale not the RT15i's. So I guess the question is which center channel matches with this speaker. Also could I use this speaker as a center channel and still have a proper sound stage? I actually don't even know if this is a good speaker or not, I gotta go listen to it, but if anyway has any insight I would still appreciate it.

Duke

Stunt Coordinator
you could use the 15 all around. 5 identical speaks is the way to go, most horizontal center channel speakers don't sound exactly the same as the L&R and they have problems sounding the same across the room. It's a way of making them look a little better on top of a TV that most manufactures produce a seperate CC. For the price 3 pair of the 15's with a good sub will sound pretty darn good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks