Polk RT and RTI speakers and timbre matching

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jaimin, Nov 6, 2002.

1. Jaimin

Jaimin Stunt Coordinator

I am confused as to which speakers are matched and which ones can go with which center channels. Circuit City has a ridiculously low price on RT15i's and I think these match with the RT25i's. But do they match with RTi28's also? And I assume that the RT15i and the RT25i match with the CS245i, but does the rt28i match with the CS245i also? Or does the RTi28 only match with the CSi30? Lastly, a semi-unrelated question, would using a RT15i as a center channel cause a bad sound stage or would it work as good as a CS245i? Thanks, if anyone has experience with these speakers I would appreciate your help.

Jaimin

2. Jaimin

Jaimin Stunt Coordinator

I made a mistake, circuit city has the R15's on sale not the RT15i's. So I guess the question is which center channel matches with this speaker. Also could I use this speaker as a center channel and still have a proper sound stage? I actually don't even know if this is a good speaker or not, I gotta go listen to it, but if anyway has any insight I would still appreciate it.

3. Duke

Duke Stunt Coordinator

you could use the 15 all around. 5 identical speaks is the way to go, most horizontal center channel speakers don't sound exactly the same as the L&R and they have problems sounding the same across the room. It's a way of making them look a little better on top of a TV that most manufactures produce a seperate CC. For the price 3 pair of the 15's with a good sub will sound pretty darn good.