What's new

Polk R50 (Bedroom Setup) (1 Viewer)

ArthurJ

Second Unit
Theses speakers up here in canada go for $700 at the local Future shop. They can be had online for $235 American shipped which is exactly $316 Canadian (dollar is strong right now). I am currently doing a "budget" bedroom setup, I figure for mains these are the best way to go "10 x 10 room". I can also get the R30's for $119 american which go for $400 at the local future shop for surround duty. I can hold off on the center for now and just do a phantom center setup. The total cost would for...

Polk R 50 Front L/R
Polk R 30 Rear L/R

$384.56 = $517.73 Canadian...This is less then the R50 alone bought locally. And future shop sells for the lowest price. I know these wont offer the best performance, but is there really better to be had this cheap? HTIB setups go for around the same price...Thanks to everyone who replys.

P.S. The CSI20 is the only center I see, is this the matched center for these floorstanders? Just curious for future reference. Thanks!

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
Yes these are good deals and pretty descent speakers. The csi20 is matched to the r line but it is the same as 1 r15 laying on its side. I recommend buying a csi30, they were on sale at future shop for 150, as low as 130. They retail for about 250. Get to the store and see if they have any left. Also before you buy demo them at the brick or future shop and compare them to equivalently priced Paradigms.

Keith*D

Agent
If it helps, I have the R50's, and I paid $99 a piece from Fry's. This was before I began really getting interested in HT, and now I am selling them after only 3 months. For $200 they have decent bass extension but their high end sounds thin to me (I don't know if that is the right word, but it is what I hear.) IF you could find some Polk RT25i, NHT SuperZero, Mission M71, etc... I would reccommend those. Good luck regardless of what you choose.

Keith

Jack Keck

Second Unit
The problems with the CSi 30 are that it may be difficult to find and it has a different tweeter than the R series of speakers, so the R 15 on its side might be the better match even though the RTi 30 might be the better speaker.

GrahamT

Supporting Actor
You are right Jack, but I believe that they are both still silk tweeters. Either way I have R15s and a CSI30 and find them to be a close match. I just suggest the csi30 because the center channel is so important.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks