What's new

Polk R15s on sale again... (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
HERE are the R50s (in cherry!) for $59.99 apiece. Unfortunately, though, they are listed as "unavailable". Funny thing, though...I searched on R50 and the search yielded nothing. Looked through a few "speaker" subcategories and there they were!

And, HERE are the Polk 150s for $49.98 a pair! Attention, Chris S.!

Dicky: Do you have any way of knowing what shipping to New York state (zip: 12144) would be for the csi25? Also, are the polk.com dimensions accurate? 6-1/2" H x 19" W x 8" D?

Do you not have a center speaker now?

Dicky C

Auditioning
Real Name
NCM

Shipping would be between $22-25 according to UPS.com. And those dimensions are exactly what I measured on the display model.

I don't have a center right now, all I have are the R15s. The R300s, csi25, and PSW303 are supposed to be here Friday. I just bought the cs1 on ebay, hopefully it will match up well with the R300s.

Andy_A

Second Unit
these Polk deals are a great buy. I bought two pairs of the r15s and actually use three across the front with one as a center channel. The R15, especially with a sub, makes a wonderful center channel. They work as great standby speakers for me.

Also, I talked my friend into buying the R30 towers when they were on sale and they sound great. I'm stunned by the bass from a decent receiver. They are all that is hooked to the tv system and it sounds loud...

Now the R300s are on sale at $49 each. They replaced the R30. The tweeters are now below the woofers. I'm not sure what they'd sound like, but I'd assume about the same, maybe better. I'd like to hear if anyone has done a comparison.

I remember one time they had the R50s at $39 each. No joke. That would have been the time to get some, but I didn't. Another friend of mine bought the cherry R30s and they look much better than the black.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Anyone interested better strike while the iron is hot....because the Polk R150s are now on sale at outpost.com FOR JUST $39.98 A PAIR!!!

BTW, I am still looking for the center speaker to go with the R15s and R30s...the CSi25. Does anyone know since they seemed to have developed this new line...replacing the R15s with R150s and the R30s with R300s...if there is some new center channel speaker?

EDIT** Oh...and the R300s are still on sale for $49.99 apiece! :Tu:

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Woo Hoo!

I was beginning to think I would NEVER see this deal again...but Merry Christmas to me!

The Polk Center Channel CSi25 is back at outpost.com for $69.99! :emoji_thumbsup:

I was really starting to lose hope and had been checking other on-line retailers and eBay pretty regular. I was pretty much checking on a daily basis. Perseverence finally paid off.

=======================================

In fact the R150s and R300s are still on sale at the links posted above (post #129)...so, someone could actually get an entire set of Polk HT speakers (minus the sub-woofer) at these prices!

Andrew Grall

Supporting Actor

Would this center speaker be an upgrade over my Energy Take 5 center? I have felt for some time now that the center is a little weak on dialog in movies...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Andrew: Cannot answer because I don't have mine yet and am unfamiliar with your speaker. But, HERE is the product page (with spec sheet) for the CSi25 at polk.com. I'm surprised, but they don't tell you much about the actual speakers themsevles. I believe they have a single .75" tweeter and two 5+" woofers. Hopefully this info will be helpful to you.

I have been upgrading my cheap Jensen speakers with these less-cheap Polk R-series speakers. I already have two R-30s for my fronts and two R-15s for my rears. The CSi25 is on its way...and all that will be left is the sub!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

My wife has dutifully reported the CSi25 was delivered this morning. Another terrific turn-around (three days) from outpost!

...and now the long wait until Christmas morning begins!

:frowning: :D

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
I have a newly aquired Onkyo HTIB S790 7.1 system. Would these Polk towers that are on sale give me a higher quality sound than the fronts that came with this system?? How about the bookshelf polks that are 49.99 a pair, would they sound better than my Onkyo surrounds that came in the system?? ALso are these bookshelf speakers able to be mounted on stands??

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason: Difficult question for me to answer because I know nothing about your current set-up...or how it sounds. You might ask that question over in the Speaker/Subwoofer area and I bet you'll get all kinds of opinions.

You can get specs on the polk speakers at Polkaudio.com.

R150
R300
CSi25

That way you could at least compare them "on paper" to the speakers you have now.

I can tell you that I have been upgrading my HTIB Jensen speakers with these very affordable Polks and have been enjoying every step of the way. I know I could do a lot better with my gear...but being on a budget, I feel blessed to have found this deal and want to keep it alive for anyone else who's in the same boat as me.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Yes, these speakers are better than the Onkyo speakers that came in the package. (I haven't heard the R150s yet).

ANY bookshelf speaker can be mounted on stands. Not sure I understand that question?

jwill242004

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Wilcox
I do not have a "shelf" to mount those bookshelf speakers on, if I were to use them for my surround speakers I would have to mount them on speaker stands....thats what I meant. So as you were saying, If I upgrade those Onkyo fronts center and surround, to say these Polks being discussed here, I should expect higher quality sound and more output correct? My onkyo speakers seem to be very well made and I think they sound good, but Im sure there is always better. Each front and center speaker have dual woofers and a tweeter.

Just trying to find out if I would really benefit from the upgrade.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Fry's is at it again. Some in-store (R15's $19.99 each), some on-line (R50's $59.99 each, CSi25 for $69.99 and R300's for $49.99 a piece).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Well...the wait is over. The CSi25 is hooked up and is mopping the floor with that puny Jensen Center it replaced. The sheer size difference is amazing enough. With two 5+" speakers rather than two 3+" speakers, the CSi25 measured up a full six inches wider than the Jensen (19" versus 13")...forcing me to re-organize my entire HT configuration! I don't know why I waited as long as I did. When I heard the explanation that probably 80% (or more) of all HT audio passes through the center channel, I realized it needed an upgrade, too! :D

Anyway...for anyone shopping for budget speakers with a little extra holiday cash:

R150s for $49.99 a pair.
R300 for $49.99 apiece.
CSi25 for $69.99 apiece.

And, what does anyone think of this speaker/deal? The Polk PSW303 Subwoofer for $149.99. HERE'S the spec page from polkaudio.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks