What's new

Polk R15s on sale again... (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Arrrgghh!! I knew this would happen!! I got tired of waiting for this sale to come around again, so last week, I took the plunge and ordered a pair of black R50s from J&R.com. It had been several weeks since anyone showed stock on the R50s and I was afraid that the supply had nearly dried up and I didn't want to miss out on getting a pair. I got the black version for the same price, so it's not the end of the world. But, that cherry version does look super sweet, though!

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator

I have been waiting for either the R30s or R50s in cherry to go on sale also but I gave in and bought the R30s in cherry on ebay for $175 shipped. I guess I should have waited. I called outpost about a month ago and the person that I talked with said he knew nothing about any of these going on sale. I figured they were discontinued. I guess I'll will settle with the R30s.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
It appears the sale is over. When you add one to your cart, the price shown is $199 ea.

Congrats to all who got to take advantage of the $99 price. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ron>E

Grip
Real Name
Ron Lamb
Just picked up two cherry finish R50s on sale today at Fry's $69.99 each. Sweet!

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I still need a cherry center and another set of r50's if they blow those out again...:frowning:

Dicky C

Auditioning
Real Name
NCM

I believe the R300s are the new version of the R30s, the port is now on the back of it. Same goes for the R150s vs R15s. I ordered those R300s from frys.com and picked up a set of R15s on sale at the local fry's store last week. I also got the csi25 on sale at frys.com but it's no longer on there. Also, the PSW303 is on sale at frys.com for 149.99. I picked one up since it was cheap and matched the rest of the speakers.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Can I ask what you paid for the csi25? I've been trying to catch that on sale at outpost.com...but I guess I keep missing it! :angry:

Meanwhile....those R150s are now on sale for $49.98 a pair! Just the other day they were $179.98 a pair! :eek: Click HERE.

Dicky C

Auditioning
Real Name
NCM

The csi25 was $70 at outpost.com. I got the R15s in store for $70, before the R150s went on sale online, but with shipping the R150s would cost that much anyway.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Man...these sales are getting crazy-fast. As is obvious from my posts in this thread...I keep my eye on these things...and I keep missing the CSi25 sales when they happen! :angry:

Sorry you missed out on the R150s, Chris.

Dicky C

Auditioning
Real Name
NCM

I might have to turn around and sell the csi25 that I just ordered, it won't fit in my entertainment center because it's 7/16" too wide. :angry: Thinking of getting the cs1 now. I saw one on ebay for 100 + shipping.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
7/16"?! That MUST be aggravating!

Can't you return it to outpost.com?

I might be interested in taking it off your hands...but I'd have to check my own space situation.

Dicky C

Auditioning
Real Name
NCM

Yeah I planned to put it where the DVR is in this pic and move the DVR down with the DVD player. I was hoping it would fit since I ordered it without knowing. I found three different dimensions for it online and didn't know which one was right. I finally went to Fry's today and measured the display model since the speaker won't be here until Friday. I'm worried that putting it above the TV will make it too high. I might just return it, but I'd have to pay shipping back to outpost.com. If you're interested let me know, I just want what I paid for it (70+ship). If not, I'll probably just return it.

p.s. Polk R150s are back to 49.98 on outpost. The R50s were on there earlier today for $59.99 but now they're not. Damn they move fast. R300s are still at 49.99.

Users who are viewing this thread