What's new

polk psw 350 vs sony wm40 vs velodyne cht-10? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Farley

Second Unit
I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a polk 350; but I wanted to hear from anyone who looked at these. Yes, I would like to audition svs/hsu/velodyne hgs but I want to spend

Robert Drew

Auditioning
Sounds like conflicting priorities here. How much longer before you upgrade the mains? The brands you mention would be a fair step up from what you have now. Do you really want to buy a lower end sub now, knowing that you'll want to replace it in short order?

Regarding your

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I own a Polk PSW350 (until my SVS arrives at least)... and I say go with the Velodyne. The Polk has a nice rumble to it for movies, but as Robert said, you'll get more punch out of the Velodyne.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I own the Polk and really really like it. I owned a Velo previous but it was a meager 8" and was pretty sad overall. The Polk is a big step up but really just a stop gap until I get into my new house and am able to pull the trigger and get me a big dog woofer. The Polk takes my vote, but I have never tested the Velo 10". I would go without and save the money to get something a little heavier hitting if I could do it over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks