What's new

Polk Ps 120 VS HSU Stf 1 (1 Viewer)

Brian Sc

Auditioning
I currently own the Polk PS 120 which is a few years old it is a 90watt 8inch ported sub. Im looking at buying a HSU subwoofer and am wondering if i will notice a big enough diffrence between it and the STF 1.

Thanks

ChrisCollins

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
I just recently picked up the STF-1.
I am not an audiophile, just someone who really loves great sounding movies and music. The sub is absolutely great. I have room constraints, so I need a small sub for the wife/room size. It is so far superior to the 8" Cambridge Soundworks sub I previously owned. I was going to get the STF-2, but all 4 CompUSA's in my area were sold outof the on sale STF-2. I am not one to wait, so I just ordered a STF-1 hoping it would be enough. Now if you match a lot of movies, most people here will tell you to get a bigger sub, but I only watch one or two movies a month. I am 85% music. The sub is so tight and goes deeper than you would expect. I listen to all types of music, from rap, to rock, to classical and it gives back all you could ask for. I just had a friend over and watched The Lord of the Rings, TFOTR. Fantastic. He completely thought a much larger sub was in my 12x16 room.
I highly recommend it. Leads to upgraditis though

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Especially if you keep reading the forums!

Ain't that the truth. I wonder how much time Frank has spent on the Forum?;)

Justin_D

Stunt Coordinator
Oh god, its terrible.

At head-fi.org, a headphone audio forum much like this, whenever a new guy shows up, they always race to say one thing and one thing only.

"Sorry about your wallet."

It's not uncommon for someone to show up for a $50 pair of cans and have spent $1000 within a month or two.

Doctors should spend more time on upgraditis than they should on any other disease. It effects the most of us.

Oh, and the sub. Yes, the upgrade would be quite substancial.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks