Polk owners . please take a look, Thanks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Debra F, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Debra F

Debra F Agent

I'm looking for DR polk speakers for the "Rear surround" ( not side ), but all i see are the dual Dipole/Bipole speakers. Looking for shelf or wall mount only.

I have the space behind couch for direct speaker's and that's what i have my heart set on .

Also, can the Fx series be used for the front left/right in addition to the sides? I'll be using the FX series for the sides .

What kind of speaker is the RT series, dipole/bipole/direct.? It's not clear on the polk site, at least not to me.

Thanks so much : >

Debra

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

RT = Direct.

If you want for cheap (CHEAP), email me about a pair of M3's....

3. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

If Colin's M3's aren't the ticket, and I see no reason why they wouldn't be, any of Polk's bookshelf speakers will do the job. However, The M3s might fit in better decor-wise than the standard rectangular box speaker.

The Polk site will recommend the bi-pole/di-pole speakers because that is what many "experts" recommend for surround speakers. If you have listened to different set-ups and determined that your preference regarding rear speakers, than your opinion is as good as thiers.

Disclaimer: I've never met Colin and have no interest in any of this other than you getting the system and sound you'll be happy with.