What's new

Polk or Paradigm (1 Viewer)

Brooks H

Auditioning
I'm looking into the Polk 6700 or the Paradigm Cinema 70 or 90 series. Looking for a 50/50 mix HT/music and the only reason I have these two left is that the speakers need to be satallites and also silver in color. I can get the Polk for $599 w/o sub, $699 w/PSW303 or the Paradigm 70 for $675 w/PDR-8 or 90 series w/PDR-10 for $799. My dad likes the Polk but Im worried the sub might be lacking, so I suggested the Paradigm (really like the 90 series better.) Room is 18 x 18 and we will be using a HK 330, HK 8385 Changer, and Pioneer 563 if that matters any? Also, any other speakers in that category I should look at (thought about Def Tech 80s and Energy 5.2 but both seem to have no silver color available)? Thanks.

Brooks H

Auditioning
One more thing, what cables will I need to get multichannel surround from the 563? I've heard 3 pairs of RCA's, digital optical, digital coaxial are all possibilites? Right now we have an older RCA tv (soon to be DLP) with 2 red, 2 white, and 1 yellow outlet in the back (don't know tech term). Thanks again.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Brooks,

To achieve DD or DTS, go get urself an Optical or Coaxial cable. Haven't heard those speakers in the model you mentioned above, can't comment much about them. Other than that, considering your room size, I think you'll need a bigger sub to fill the room. So the 90 series w/ PDR-10 will be a better choice... Perhaps ppl here can guide you to a better option... what is your budget? Usage (Music/Movie)? Happy hunting...

Al,

Tim - W

Grip
Is there any on-line shopping for the paradigm systems - if so where. I am having a difficult time finding an on-line stores to compare the prices to.

douglas-b

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Douglas Berry
No, you can only buy Paradigmn from authiorized dealers...none of them are online, only walk in stores. I lucked out...my dealer was only 20 miles away.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
6ave.com has some 'digms listed with prices. But as already mentioned, you cannot mail order them. Paradigm does not allow it.

N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks