What's new

Polk Monitor 50s (1 Viewer)

Andrew_G

Agent
Hi guys,

I am just getting started in rebuildng my home audio setup and am looking for some good stereo speakers good preferably for rock music and home theater use.

I have always been a huge fan of Polk Audio and my vintage system consists of many of Polk's old products. I had decided to look into the Polk Monitor 40s, but then I discovered the Monitor 50s, which are only 50 dollars more. I thought, "What the hell, they're floorstanders and are only a few bucks extra". However, when I did a comprehensive search on these forums I couldn't find any threads regarding how people liked these specific speakers, so I thought I'd create a thread to do so.

Anywho, I am wondering if anybody likes the Monitor 40s and/or the Monitor50s. Any feedback/response is greatly appreciated, because, as many of you know, the audio world is a scarey place - especially if you have been out of the market for a decade :)

Thanks in advance!!

Andrew Grathwohl

ivanSFO

Auditioning
You might have better luck trying your post at the polk audio forum but you'll naturally get praise from Polk fans.

I looked at the Monitor 50s at my local Fry's for my first HT sytem. Nice looking set of speakers. Along side of them were the Polk R50s on sale at $89.99 each. The monitor 50s didn't sound much better than the R50s so I picked up a 2 sets of the R50s.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks