What's new

Polk LSi system (not draged in by a cat :() (1 Viewer)

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
As much as they tried my cats couldn't handle the boxes :frowning: So I had to bring them in.
Anyway a little over a week ago I was able to bring home a full set of seakers including the LSi9, LSiC, & LSiFX. They replaced the set of RT25i's and CS245i which now reside in the bedroom.
I figured I'd let them break in before calibrating them. But boy did they sound good right out of the box. Then last night I went to calibrate them. Low and behold I discover that the right LSi9's tweeter is making odd noises, but I can only tell when I'm playing the pink noise on the Avia disc... Thus I traveled back to the Store where I traded them for a pair of LSi15s (Dumb me thought the LSi9s were wall mountable).
Now I get just as good sound (with out the hiss) in the form of a tower with a built in woofer. One of these days I'll get some pix taken of the whole system but the sight of 2 LSi15's standing next to a 57" Sony XBR set is quite nice. And sounds even nicer. I've watched about 4 movies on the setup and listened to hours of music (first with the LSi9 and now 15) and I must say these speakers are quite worth it.
I'll post more as I break them in even more.
Brian

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Congrats Bri,
I know you'll enjoy the new Polk's as I and others have also. You'lll be surprised how much they 'open' up the more they are broken in.
One day I was listening to mine and thought "Damn, do they sound smooth and more detailed than ever... :)"
Troy

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the kind words Troy, I'm already enjoying them and knowing they will only get better.... we'll tis makes me very happy :)
And gosh, that piano black finish and wood sides just looks COOL!
Brian

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Brian, Troy, et al.,

Upgrade-itis has finally defeated me, so I bit the bullet and ordered a complete Polk LSi system: 25's, center and fx surrounds. They will replace my current setup: PSB Goldi's, C6i, and Energy veritas 2.0R surrounds. It's not that I was unhappy with my old system (it sounded great), I just wanted to try something new (and I got a great deal). BTW, my sub is an SVS 16-46PC. Pre/pro is Denon 3802, amp is EAD Powermaster 1000 (375X5 into 4 ohms). The buzz from TAS, this forum and elsewhere, in addition to the Vifa tweeter got the better of me. Please tell me how you are enjoying your systems and that the change will be worth it! Regards, Jan

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Ooh, crappo. I got in good w/ my Paradigm dealer and can get them for a great price and was waiting on the new line-up or I can get the Polk LSI's for well "ridiculous" prices. What do I do? Please give me as many comparisons of the LSI. Opinions please? "Sounds like, better then my previous..."
Thanks guys. No embellishing.
:D Salt shaker in hand.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Jan/Adil,
I couldn't be happier with my Polks! Seriously, I had been listening to speakers for over 11/2 years trying to find something that not only sounded great but fit my budgetary requirements as well.
I had thought about going with the Polk RT2000is, but I was kinda torn on the sound with the high treble and 'boomy' bass that didn't seem to extend enough.
During my search I had listened to some higher end speakers to give me a 'reference' point of what I wanted from my own personal speakers. These included B&W (805s-802s), Thiel 2.6s, Martin Logans, Aerial Acoustics 7b/8b/10t, Paradigm Studio 100s and a handful of others.
To get to the point, I feel IMHO that Polk's LSi line sounds comparable to some of the speakers I'd listened to. Detail was there, imaging is damn excellent and the overall tonal quality was mind boggling. These are definitely a great buy for the money and I'm sure you won't be disappointed.
Troy

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Jan/Adil,
I also couldn't be happier. I dislike boomy base, and really like the warmth these speakers offer me. I didn't do anywhere nears as much research / listening to as Troy did... but where I am there isn't a lot avalible. The LSi's replaced a system of RTi25's and are quite a step up. I liked their sound better then the M&K's I listened to, and have never really cared for the sound of the Paridigm's.
I don't have access to many places that sell the really high end stuff (though the M&K's are nice, and not cheap :)) and I was interested in speakers that exceled at both Movies and Music. I'd have gone with the M&Ks if I only wanted them for movies, but the Polks have a warmth that I miss in the M&Ks.
Toss this into the fact I got a great deal on the Polk's and I love the way they look, and I was sold.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks