Polk Lsi speakers vs. WAF....Help Me Please

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Frank Zimkas, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Here's the problem folks. I have decided that I want to get a new set of Polk Audio Lsi speakers to replace my existing setup. Seeing as how I just upgraded my center channel and mains not to long ago,and added Bipole/Dipole surounds also, my Wife (whom I love with all my Heart and Soul, and is seated next to me as I type this) is expressing her "Dismay."
    So I need some help convincing her that this is a GOOD THING.
    I told her that I would put my current system up for sale(here and on EBay) to help defray the cost, but she is still gunshy...I say pull the trigger Baby! [​IMG]
    Anyone have any luck selling a complete setup this way?
    Anyone have any advise on how to increase the WAF of this upgrade? Keep in mind that my Darling, Dearest, Lovely, Generous, Helpful, Thoughtfull, Caring wife (who is still right here) will be reading any, and all responses.
    If all else fails I may have to resort to .......PPPLLLEEEAAASSEEE LET ME BUY 'EM!!!!![​IMG]

2. jad

jad Agent

It depends on how many vices you have. For me, I change speakers every year and some have been very good. My wife is not a big fan of this but since I really don't spend many on other toys she usually gives in, although it was much harder in the beginning. She also knows if I get the upgrade fever bad enough I will be totally pre-occupied and useless around the house until that fever is attended to. She also knows the joy on my face when a new pair of speakers arrive. Almost as good as sex and in some ways better since it's only once a year. [​IMG] As far as selling your current gear there are plenty of internet sites to do so and some are free. I've always been able to sell all the equipment I've owned. Just ask her how you can make it up to her. Marriage is always about compromise and give and take.

3. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

If I changed speakers every year I KNOW I'd be single instead of a 12 year veteran!

4. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

as far as appearance goes, the lsi looks gorgeous. if your wife doenst like the looks of them i dont know what else she would like! a sonus faber or a dynaudio perhaps?

5. Mark Fitzsimmons

Mark Fitzsimmons Supporting Actor

Try the Rockets maybe if the LSi's aren't pretty enough. I haven't heard either so I can't comment on the sound similarities but the Rockets use a similar (if not the same) ring tweeter. They should compete with each other pretty well. In addition, I am sure the wife will approve because the Rockets are very eye pleasing speakers.

6. Dan Lyman

Dan Lyman Auditioning

After I got the LSI's set up in the family room and broken in, I was very pleased. I knew these would be the last speakers I would need for a long time.

My wife who really doesn't care about speakers at all, actually stopped to take notice. She doesn't really care about this stuff, but when I played some of her cd's, she actually sat and listened and smiled.

7. Alex F.

Alex F. Second Unit

My wife fell in love with the sound of the LSi-9s when we auditioned them in the store. We then obtained the LSi-25s in black and she repeatedly raved about the sound, their beautiful appearance, and quality of finish.

8. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

My wife loves how the LSi's look and sound. She doesn't mind (She's never complained [​IMG]) that I've turned our living room into a Home Theater, I suppose it does help she was a music major who actually cares how things sound [​IMG]
    The Polks are created to look and sound good, so perhaps working both of those angles will help.
    Best of Luck!
    Brian