What's new

POLK Lsi series ? (1 Viewer)

Jonathan K

Stunt Coordinator
I personally have not had a hard time placing my speakers because I use them the same way someone would use the new rocket speakers. And though I'm NOT implying that the Rocket speakers will not be great (I'm sure they will be) I can't help but feel like I've seen "...ingenious to get great sound with 'only' 5.25" drivers..." in a Bose advertisement. Please note that I am NOT comparing Rocket to Bose.
I'm sure both models will be worth buying. I love my current Polk's and would likely buy LSi's because of that. Also, I do wish the guys at AV123 hadn't decided to call them Rocket Speakers. Sounds too Elton John to me.
Hey now, careful when you are tlaking about the 5.25" thing! Granted, I am guilty of making that mental connection too, but it's not like we have to TALK about it! ;) ;)
I Hope to find some comparisons of the LSi series and Rocket series... or do them myself, if the chance arises, lol!

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
So what would be the use of paying for a powered sub in your main speakers themselves?
You don't necessarily "pay" for a powered sub in your mains. Mine only cost $600 for the PAIR. Even at full retail I don't think you'll pay more for them than you would a "regular" speaker that can extend to 35hz +/- 3db.

Dan

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
I Hope to find some comparisons of the LSi series and Rocket series... or do them myself, if the chance arises, lol!
I'm the same way. I'd love to audition both, especially in my own house. It's not gonna happen anytime soon though. :frowning:
Now some Adire 281's might show up however!
Dan

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Well I'm taking the plunge / ordered the 9's.
Steve,
Congrats on taking the plunge. I doubt you will be disappointed. Which finish did you get?

I would caution that it does take awhile to break in the woofers. So since you have not heard a broken in pair give them at least a few weeks of run-in and you will notice the improvement in bass and dynamics. Polk recommends 100 hours for break-in. The soundstage and clarity out of these Polks is outstanding for the price and I really love how vocals just seem to soar out of space from them.

The Rockets look interesting but they look like Divas with a another set of drivers. What's happening to the Divas btw??

The Diva finish is a bit aggressive IMO and tends to dominate the room appearance which some may or may not like. The grills do appear to tone them down a bit though. Also, driver integration has alot to do with the success of mating drivers and Polk has got it right IMO. I believe the Soundstage review gave a slight edge to the LSi9 over the Norh 6.9 which use the same Vifa tweeter.

I have to say the good thing is that there are many more good choices in speakers today for alot less money. Which makes affordable hi-end sound a reality for many of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks