What's new

POLK LSi series, Swan Divas, or Paradigm Actives? (1 Viewer)

Mike Kao

Second Unit
Right now I'm looking for a full 5.1 setup (4 bookshelves, center and SVS sub to be purchased in future ;)). So far I've narrowed it down to 3 setups:
4 Swan Diva 2.1's, and C3 center - total $1300 + shipping
4 Polk LSi7's, and LSiC center - total $1400 (special price quoted from local dealer)
4 Paradigm Active 20's with Active CC-450 center - about $1800 + shipping (difficult to find)
POSSIBLY even the following Infinity setup (which will save me some major bucks):
4 IL10's with IL-36C center - about $700 + shipping
I just have a thing for Infinity speakers :)
Don't know how they hold up compared to the big boys though.
Right now I'm leaning towards the Polk setup. At that price, they seem to be an excellent value, especially considering they use the highly acclaimed Vifa tweeters. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to listen to ANY of the following setups other than the Infinity Interlude line.
What do you guys suggest I do? Any other recommendations?

Dan_Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I'd take a look at Axiom Audio too. Could get a setup like 4 M22Ti's and a VP150 or VP100 for around the same price as the other setups you've listed.
You can find some reviews of Axiom speakers here
www.AxiomAudio.com
www.audioshop.on.ca
I personally have M50Ti's, M3Ti's and a VP100 and am blown away by them; exceptional value for the price.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Mike,
I've heard the Polk LSi7s and the Paradigm Active 20s and both sound good with some differences.
I found the Paradigm's to offer more in the bass/midrange area (attributed to the 6.5" powered driver) as opposed to the 5 1/4" Polk driver. Although the Polk's did sound a lot smoother in the midrange and a lot more detailed in the high's with a better blend overall.
That's an excellent price on the LSis, my choice would be the Polk (biased...of course!) :D
Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks